SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How long is your commute?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How long is your commute? Login/Join 
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
About 20-25 minutes. This is after a job change in May where my commute was 25 steps from my kitchen coffee pot, 17 from the bathroom.....

On a positive note I've not been on the 1+ hour drive to DFW since taking this gig, or slept out of town, so there is that.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12665 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Between 20-45 minutes, traffic depending.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15970 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
When I worked for the Highway Patrol my commute was the 6 seconds it took me to get from the back door to the car. Once I started up and called in on the radio....I was working.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
8 minutes, no highway. Unless I hit the school zone at the wrong time, then 11 minutes or so.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sig Sauer Kraut,

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
Depends on the day... Most days it's the time from my bedroom to the kitchen (for coffee), then the recliner. However, one day a week I have to drive into the office and that averages about 90 minutes each way.

Posts: 1817 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On a Wing
and a Prayer
Picture of Pilken
posted Hide Post
It takes me about an hour to get to work and about 70 minutes to get home. I need to find a new job (or buy a new house)

-------------------------
“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”
- Dr. Seuss

Posts: 2624 | Location: FINALLY just outside of Chicagoland | Registered: April 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
My equipment yard is 10 minutes away and then I have to drive to various job sites throughout the day. After work, I have to take my son to swim practice. It takes an hour to get to the pool, then I wait for two and a half hours and drive 45 minutes back home. One night a week, he also goes to soccer practice. That’s another two hours of playing chauffeur.

Posts: 3247 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of logrusmaster
posted Hide Post
The time it takes me to walk from my bedroom to my office. Sometimes I even stop to put on pants. Big Grin

-------------------------
If not me then who? If not now then when?

Posts: 618 | Location: Earth | Registered: August 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
45 min in the morning, hour and 15 minutes on average in the evening. 24 miles.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2387 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
And hour and a half. One way.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39871 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jandersd
posted Hide Post
36 minutes in the morning 95-115 minutes in the afternoon - love Atlanta traffic!! (Not!)

---
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

Posts: 1127 | Location: Cartersville, GA | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I'm about 10 minutes (5 miles).

If I had a zip-line though, it'd be about 2 minutes.

Posts: 20557 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
45-50 minutes each way.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Right now I live 8 miles from my office and it takes 30 minutes to get there. Considering traffic here that is not too bad. I know at some point our agency is going to relocate to downtown and that is really going to suck! The traffic to downtown is absolutely horrendous and the parking is terrible. I hope it doesn’t happen, but I am sure it will.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8738 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
About 2 miles. 8 min on a good day, 12 or 13 if I get stuck behind school busses or leave after 7:45.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
I either work from home or fly to one of the coasts. I work in consulting so I fly to work and commute from hotel.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2040 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
11 or 12 minutes.

Posts: 2710 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Two miles and it's only that far because there isn't a direct route. As the crow flies would be about a mile. Time is less than five minutes.

Posts: 12575 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About 15 seconds from the bedroom to the kitchen to turn on the coffee.

Where's the beer!

Posts: 475 | Location: Oro Valley, Arizona | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
on a bad day, about 25 steps

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53777 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post