SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Emergency preps with all that is going on
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Emergency preps with all that is going on Login/Join 
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Nothing outside of normal. Boats are full of gas, spare gas tanks filled, extra food in freezer and dry good, both generators tested and firearms cleaned, loaded and secured. Have slowed down my range time with anything but .22, .17HMR and .22WMR - pretty much a lifetime supply in those rimfire calibers.

We prepare for hurricanes, still hurricane season so not really different. Still heading down to Key West for what was supposed to be the offshore power boat races Nov. 3, kids and grandparents at house. Bringing down my CMMG57 plus a pistol or two as “truck gun” rather than just a pistol, that is probably the only change.

Honestly, this will be a slow burn if anything at all. Pennsylvania will be 3 days late per court ruling, reconciling the mail in ballot will take time. Will be like the “phony war” in Europe after the invasion of Poland and over that summer. Some noise, but no real action for a while - if at all. My 2-cents.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, It's not likely that BLM will come marching down your street. Zombie hordes are not going to shuffle their way into your local power station and eat everyone's brains. The water won't stop pumping, for reasons including but not limited to the Zombie/brain eating thing already mentioned.

So, sit in your safe home, have a brew, listen to some tunes, maybe check out SIGforum or see if there are any good Westerns on the tube. Just mind your own business and let people foam in the mouth in the streets if they want. Whatever. If there's going to be any trouble, it will be on the main streets and highways, and in business establishments which are accessed by the general public- restaurants, shopping malls, convenience stores. I'd definitely avoid the court house the week of the election.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107657 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
We are pretty well stocked on everything (but still adding a little more here and there).

I was rotating out my old fuel, and need to refill all the 5gal cans. Need t run the generator again, it's been about 4 or 5 months since last test.

My wife just took some more cash out of the bank to add to the stash.

I sat down a few months ago with my sons and we made itemized lists of "gear" to be distributed to each of us. This is mainly centered around firearms, mags, holsters, etc, to have a ready to go "package" for each individual.

This way everyone's stuff is prepositioned with the correct loaded mags, holster, belt, etc, to be more efficient in time of need.

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
All good here. The only thing we are lacking is venison, and I need to take care of that.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8531 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Para offered up some good advice. It's pretty tough to live in an area more red than the Lake so I am not real worried about that. But, we do plan on hunkering down here if needed. No extended travel at all.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5047 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here in the valley that time forgot during the 3 month lockdown earlier this year, we could not get three items. Spam, the cheap mayo I like, and cans of roast beef hash. Being sturdy country folk, we have always prepared for winter by freezing and home canning food. I now have adequate supplies of spam, cheap mayo, and the roast beef hash. It's funny what you miss in a pandemic. I really like Para's post, and that's how I have dealt with 2020 so far.

Two things bring me to tears. The unconditional Love of God,the service of the United States Military,past,present,and future.

I would rather meet
a slick-sleeve private,
than a hollywood star!

Posts: 2339 | Registered: February 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I've got enough ammo on hand to stop a small conflict.

We always have 3-4 months worth of food on hand. May not be what we want to eat, but we will survive.

My locale is safe from the wandering hoards of ner do 'els that may be dissatisfied with the election results although I will have to drive into the demon's back yard to continue my "essential worker" duties. I expect Seattle proper may have an extra demonstration, er riot or two but that has been pretty much a given almost any day of the week since March so I doubt it will make much difference, especially since Seattle PD has now down well over 100 officers as a result of the political antics of city "leaders".

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10946 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
I started this mainly with the members in the big cities in mind. It's great hearing that everyone is prepared.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I've got a nice bottle of whiskey ready to open in celebration.

Politics is not worth risking my job over, so I keep a low profile. But I can look smug like the best of them.

Posts: 13050 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Maybe not so fabulous after all
posted Hide Post
Already did my emergency prep by moving away from the Puget Sound region of Washington to the other side of the mountains.

Although the town I live in is fairly mixed politically, the chances of serious unrest here are very slim.

To be perfectly honest, the left wingers around here know they can't pull any serious shit because the majority of the people that live here will use them as target practice if they try.

I have a few thousand rounds of ammo, not enough, but enough to get me by for awhile.

Posts: 127 | Registered: August 31, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Para and others in this Forum over the last several years we have been building up our supplies to take care of the two of us for about a month or so..
1. 10,000 rounds of 5.56 and 9mm ammo loaded in mags.
2. We have our own well and live on a lake that is a primary water supply for the area.
3. We have a 500 gallon propane tanks and 4 20 gallon portable tanks.
4. We have a bunch of food according to my wife but I’m not sure. Of course I look in the pantry and can’t see what to make for lunch and she cooks out of it for a week so maybe I’m not the best judge of that.
5. We have a truck camper that can be loaded in 15 minutes and our vehicles are almost always kept full of fuel.

Our plan is to stay put but can bug out if necessary to an undisclosed piece of land we have with excellent sight lines...

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6330 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Either Ma and Pa Kettle, or Mad Max. Got it.

Posts: 107657 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All stocked up on material stuff, but I've been low on patience and fucks to give since about January.

The sense of humor is intact, but is just as warped as when originally installed.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2071 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Zombies, strife, whatever, I'm safe. Got enough TP for my bunghole. Honestly I'm safe for whatever, so I'll sit back and watch the shit show for elections. I'm not too worried about the election, COVID, or zombies, but if vaccine ends up being an umbrella corp event, then I prepped for that too.

I do need to pick up some Coke, lime, and Captain Morgan. Will be doing a virtual cheers with all of you guys on election night.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20832 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Just ordered two motorcycle gas cans for the casa. None of the .gov epa shit on them...simple lid, simple hose. So good they are illegal in California. So now I’ll have ten gallons of juice for the unexpected. Also got three bags of charcoal.

Tomorrow I’ll get another bottle of propane for the grill, in case it comes to Mad Max days and we gotta eat the commie neighbor. I did get a spare bottle of sauce.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11294 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
10,000 rounds of 5.56 and 9mm ammo loaded in mags.
That's a lot of mags! Eek Big Grin

Posts: 9055 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
So the market took a beating this week, and there appears to be a major sell off today.

If you had money on the sidelines, time to research and commit to a strategy for the next week or so.

Posts: 13050 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post