SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If you like Wavian NATO gas cans from Atlantic British, you’d better place an order NOW! (Updated with review of German surplus cans, pg. 4)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you like Wavian NATO gas cans from Atlantic British, you’d better place an order NOW! (Updated with review of German surplus cans, pg. 4) Login/Join 
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
Ordered my OD Green 20L from amazon, it showed up with the screwed up EPA spout, but a Flammable sticker instead of the Non Potable Water one. I have a bunch (4) of the good spouts. I just wanted another since the government is telling me I can't have one.

Posts: 4093 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
My second order has been delivered (along with two of the evil screwyouEPA long spouts). No issues.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8653 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
I had to put a second order in as well. Picked up another long spout, some gaskets and a 10L can. I’m resisting the urge to go total prepper….

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5794 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
8 cans, spout and gaskets got delivered today

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6293 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
My 2 5 gallon cans showed up with the long spout.

I feel inadequate only ordering 2!

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6896 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
If you missed out, a chance at redemption! Colemans’s has surplus cans for $49.99 before a 20% Memorial Day sale. Use code MEM20. I don’t have any of these cans myself, but they appear to be Bundeswehr surplus cans. I would not have a problem owning one of these surplus cans. I have some WWII German surplus cans, and I kinda dig all the German on them. Maybe if I get one I can post on their condition.

Surplus cans at Coleman’s

In my experience, the shipping from Coleman’s is dependent on your location. Since Coleman’s is located in Pennsylvania, their shipping seems way cheaper for my brothers in Virginia than it is for me in Utah.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8272 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I just ordered four of the Bundeswehr cans. From the pics, they look identical to the Wavians, with some additional German writing on them. They have a place for a lock key, and the vent looks just like Wavians. I'll report on their condition when they arrive.

Colemans also has other surplus cans for $39.99. They look like a slightly older design as the vent looks like a pipe instead of the flat piece, and they don't have a place for a lock key. They are also a lot rougher on the outside. Looks like they were stored outside in a depot. With 20% off for the holiday, or a one-time signup discount of 20%, it makes them a little cheaper than the Rover ones. But they are used.

If you do order surplus cans, be careful about the spout opening. They come in a small or large mouth. The small mouth is the standard size that fits all of the spouts, while the large mouth is easier for pouring out directly. The large mouth was used more for water, I've heard.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8272 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
As promised, here is a mini-review of the surplus cans from Coleman's Military Surplus. I ordered four cans. Two appear to be Valpro cans (marked with a "V" and a dot in the center of the "V"), and the other two were made by Bellino. The two from Valpro have a place for a lock key, but no key included. The Bellino cans have no place for a lock key. I am excited about the Bellino cans. They are both dated "1996." Bellino is a company located in Göppingen, Germany, that has made military cans and reserve cans for BMW and MB. Those old reserve cans are quite collectible, btw. There's just something about stuff actually made in Germany, for me. It probably started with my Knipex tool snobbery. Wait! Who am I kidding. My German snobbery began with my rolled-slide P228, upon further reflection.

The cans.

Valpro from the top. Slight rust on the cam, no rust elsewhere on can.

Valpro filler / decanter spout. Looks well lined. Nice large breather, just like new Wavian cans.

Valpro on the port side.

Bellino from the top.

Bellino filler.

Bellino markings.

An example of the stickers on the cans. All of the cans have these stickers, more or less. It looks like something placed on the cans by the German military.

These cans were $48 each (IIRC), so about the same as the Wavians were in a four pack. As stated, there was a 20% off sale during Memorial Day, so that basically took care of shipping. The cans cost me $208 for four shipped to Utah. If you live closer to Pennsylvania, then the shipping gets cheaper.

If you missed out on getting Wavians for this price, this is a good alternative. These cans are used military surplus, so they all have residual diesel inside. They were all sealed like a mother. I thought I was going to need tools to pry off the suction seal on one can. All four seem to be made from .9mm steel, just like the Wavian cans. Very substantially built, with nice, quality welds. If Atlantic-British were still selling the Wavians, I'd probably choose them simply because they are new and shiny. But there is absolutely nothing wrong with these Bundeswher surplus cans. I'd definitely choose these surplus cans over a new Wavian from WavianUSA.com at $89 with a useless EPA spout.

The folks at AB say they will still be selling the long spout that makes these cans so great to pour. A long spout on these surplus cans is a nice option if you missed getting the Wavians.

A link for these cans is located two posts up from this one.

This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
In case you missed out on the Jerry cans, Atlantic British has new ones back in stock. These new ones are Black.

Atlantic British

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5794 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post