SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If you like Wavian NATO gas cans from Atlantic British, you’d better place an order NOW! (Updated with review of German surplus cans, pg. 4)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you like Wavian NATO gas cans from Atlantic British, you’d better place an order NOW! (Updated with review of German surplus cans, pg. 4) Login/Join 
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted
They have received a cease-and-desist letter from the EPA, so they won’t be importing any more from Latvia. When they sell out, that’s it. In the future, you may be able to get Wavians from other places, but they will have that stupid EPA spout instead of the cam style NATO lid. The lid is what makes these cans so awesome. Tip: Order the four pack and shipping is $26. If you want more than four, place separate orders.

Damn EPA. This is why we can’t have nice things.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigcrazy7,

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8272 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
You can buy them direct from Wavian USA with free shipping, or am I missing something?

Posts: 2346 | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
^^ Those all come with the EPA spout and cost $89. At roverparts.com, they’re around $50 and $6.50 in shipping.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8272 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
They might be able to still sell the same cans as "water" cans, or similar.

Posts: 33036 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I Have the 4 pack in green. They are same as red with interior coating but have a “water only” sticker. The cans are EPA and CARB approved. The good spouts are going to be gold.

Posts: 4954 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Order the four pack and shipping is $26

link?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24572 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Fucking EPA. Thanks a lot, Dick Nixon Roll Eyes

Posts: 13289 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Harbor freight Jerry cans are made by wavian, I believe, but with a crappy EPA screw top and spout

I did just order a 4 pack, gaskets and spout since I’d been planning on doing so

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6293 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all for posting the info here.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8653 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I have these cans and love them. I bought a siphon because the donkey dick seems to be prone to splitting (the plastic tip).
The siphon can be a little messy at times, but fuck it, it’s gasoline.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9748 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Yea, verily, I bring glad tidings.

"Note: Federal law prohibits the use of this container for the storage of fuel."

Non-potable water, it is.

Posts: 2521 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks sigcrazy! FYI, they were $44 back on 2015. Seems pretty decent to buy at this price. 2 for $99 is an option. I have both spouts and the flexible metal long one works better. The shorter one can allow the can to scratch your car/truck paint.

Posts: 1947 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Was going to order until I saw the shipping charge to get to Alaska, $125.66.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11883 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Not that these are not great gas cans. But I have the really heavy 5 Gallon plastic jugs with the long flexible spouts. Easy to pour, no leaking. Not feeling like I need to spend extra funds for these myself. Ymmv

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19702 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
I just ordered two with one flexible longer spout….was fighting with my current gas can today with that fucking EPA spout that aggravates the shit outa me every time! Fuck that thing!
Thanks for posting the info here….yet another benefit of SigForum!! You guys rock

Posts: 3157 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Mine are similar to ORC’s. I have a mix of VP Race jugs and the similar ones from Bucees, all marked not for fuel. There’s 6 red ones in the bed of my truck filled with $3.25/gallon diesel. I’m probably on double secret probation now. Razz

Ford includes a POS funnel so you can almost use the EPA approved cans, a little fuel is left. But dang, those take a long time to empty. The race jugs empty in under a minute. The EPA approved cans I have also take twice as long to fill because they have some sort of screen built in that doesn’t allow full speed from the gas station pump.

Posts: 11597 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
I have these cans and love them. I bought a siphon because the donkey dick seems to be prone to splitting (the plastic tip).

Skip the black plastic "donkey dick" nozzle and get the one without plastic. Like this:

https://www.roverparts.com/off...s/jerry-cans/GJC007/

Posts: 33036 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

I thought that's how they've been selling them for years?

I have one of the half cans, very handy.

From the looks of it, the EPA device is just on the spout, you could remove it it just use a different spout?

Posts: 21339 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I bought one of the longer donkey dicks last year as the shorter one is kind of a PITA to use without spilling. It leaks like crazy, even with good gaskets in it.

These are great cans. The only complaint I have with them, though, is that there is no place to grab on the bottom and you need to kind of hug the whole can in order to tip it up. Otherwise, great quality and I keep eight of them topped off in the garage for just in cases.

Posts: 20557 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
They have received a cease-and-desist letter from the EPA, so they won’t be importing any more from Latvia. When they sell out, that’s it. In the future, you may be able to get Wavians from other places, but they will have that stupid EPA spout instead of the cam style NATO lid. The lid is what makes these cans so awesome. Tip: Order the four pack and shipping is $26. If you want more than four, place separate orders.

Damn EPA. This is why we can’t have nice things.

What is the source of Atlantic British receiving a "cease-and-desist" letter ?

I have bought numerous green 20 liter cans and a few 10 liter cans from Atlantic British. Couple weeks ago I just got two yellow 20 liter cans from Atlantic British.

Unable to find any information on Atlantic British website, or anywhere on the internet, regarding the EPA letter or unable to import any more cans from Lativa.

Where did you hear or read this ?

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post