SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If you like Wavian NATO gas cans from Atlantic British, you’d better place an order NOW! (Updated with review of German surplus cans, pg. 4)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you like Wavian NATO gas cans from Atlantic British, you’d better place an order NOW! (Updated with review of German surplus cans, pg. 4) Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
My credit card was charged 5/19 for the appropriate amount, but I can't find an e-mail confirming status. I just sent them an e-mail requesting information.

Posts: 18345 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Have ordered over weekend based on this thread. Have notification of picked order and a payment pending, all correct. If you have an error I would still suspect it will get fixed if you let them know.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2077 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I got a personal e-mail from Atlantic British with confirmation.

Posts: 18345 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
Ordered mine over the weekend….e-mail today it has shipped and will be delivered tomorrow! Thats pretty damn fast! Sweet!

Posts: 3157 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cgode:
Ordered mine over the weekend….e-mail today it has shipped and will be delivered tomorrow! Thats pretty damn fast! Sweet!

Ordered mine Friday night and the order is supposed to be here tomorrow.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8653 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Mine are arriving tomorrow. That is amazing CS.

Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
I ordered two and a spout.

These guys are probably sitting in the warehouse wondering why there's a run on jerry cans. Wink

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6896 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you guys aren’t throwing your “epa” cans away there are some great YouTube videos on how to easily “fix” them.

https://m.youtube.com/results?...aper+fixing+gas+cans

Posts: 3998 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:

Same but mine are arriving on Thursday. I noticed one of my plastic cans is starting to wear so ordered 4 and a donkey Dick.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5794 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
Tracking said arriving today….now updated that there is a security delay at the airport! I bet those security guys are like “what’s up with all these Gerry-cans?” Nothing to see here….just SigForum justifying those security jobs….nothing to see…move along! Big Grin

Posts: 3157 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Ordered my fourth batch Fri night. Shipped Mon, arriving by Wed. The other three batches last week all arrived within two days.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8272 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I got my 4-pack delivered. As expected, they are not made by Wavian; they’re made in Latvia to NATO specs.

SF Jake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
As expected, they are not made by Wavian; they’re made in Latvia to NATO specs.

Mine just showed up, mine too have a sticker stating “made in Latvia”…..nice cans, well made, no damage in shipping, not even a scratch!

I did notice the stickers they use are pretty poor quality though….that one that says “for Non-Potable Water Only” just fell right off….weird Big Grin

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
I did notice the stickers they use are pretty poor quality though….that one that says “for Non-Potable Water Only” just fell right off….weird Big Grin
Big Grin

Posts: 20554 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I got my 4-pack delivered. As expected, they are not made by Wavian; they’re made in Latvia to NATO specs.

Confused

I have received 24 of these cans so far, and they all have “Wavian” stamped in the side with a date on the lid strap. They all have a label that says they are made in Latvia. I thought Wavian is who makes the cans for NATO. Are yours different? Are they missing the Wavian stamp? Regardless, if they’re made in Latvia, they’re the same can.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8272 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
My mistake, Sigcrazy!

"Wavian" is indeed stamped on the side. It's the only thing indicating they're made by Wavian. My guess is that Atlantic British can sell them for less if they don't advertise them as Wavian cans.

Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Both of mine and the long spout were delivered today. They are excellent.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8653 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Memorial day sale. Free shipping over $200.

posted Hide Post
Well...crap. Apparently I hesitated too long. All gone except for the version that includes the lame spout for $90. I'm on the wait list for the next batch...which may never come. Have eight already, could have used a few more. You snooze you lose.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 877 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Yep, they’re done. My brother called them around two today and they only had four cans left. I just ordered another two each of the 10L and 5L cans and some extra long spouts. The 10L can is the perfect can to carry in the trunk of your car on trips. It doesn’t take up much space, won’t tip over, and gives you 2.6 gallons of extra fuel. The 10L and a long spout is also a nice size for lawnmower gas.

I use the 5L cans to store lamp oil. It’s a nice size for that.