SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Names People Give Their Offspring
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Names People Give Their Offspring Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
One of my brother's med school classmates' name is Doctor Doctor. I guess his parents had a vision their newborn son one day would become a doctor.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
My wife had a patient last week who's name was Harry Cox. She thought someone was trying to play a joke on her.

Posts: 1579 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Had a girl in my elementary school named Robin Hood.

Posts: 9001 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
One of my brother's med school classmates' name is Doctor Doctor. I guess his parents had a vision their newborn son one day would become a doctor.

Or maybe they just liked the Robert Palmer song.Smile
Doctor, doctor. Give me the news.
I got a bad case of loving you.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
"Take the average person....then realize that 50% of all people are more stupid than him!"
George Carlin

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
In Catch-22, one of the Army Officers was Major Major Major Major.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
George Foreman has 12 kids, 5 of them boys and He named all of them George.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
Had a neighbor growing up, her married name was Rose Rose.

Posts: 1341 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Back in the 90s there was the following phonebook listing...
Dick, Richard
Dick, R
Dick, Richard

Really wanted to call the middle and ask for Dick Dick.

Also:

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a boss many years ago named Harry Ashe.
Always had to suppress a chuckle when I would hear him introduce himself.

Posts: 747 | Location: Vermont | Registered: February 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went to school with three sisters
April, May, and June Flowers

Posts: 766 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jprebb
posted Hide Post
I served in the Navy with a guy named Juan Juan.

JP

Posts: 2041 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Anyone remember Frank Zappa?

Dweezel and Moon Unit. (Moon Unit was hot)

if you are a Zappa fan,, go see Dweezil next time he tours,
you won't be disappointed,

working in the hood, had plenty of Special, Sparkle and the like
even a La-Ah (la, dash, ah)

and the ever popular mixed name, as in they took the first 2 or 3 letters from mom, dad, gramps etc, and put them all together

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
In the late late ‘80s there was a listing in the Albany NY phone book for Haywood Jablome. It was a prank by a fraternity at SUNYA. One of the columnists for the local paper was a rank bastard who hated the students and wrote a column that would been worthy of Ed Anger.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Not just poor folk, Big Jim Hogg, 20th Gov. of Texas, 1886-1890, and one of the leading citizens of Houston named his daughter Ima. Perhaps surprisingly, she never married. Nor did she have a sister named Ura as is often contended.

Long time friend of mine is William Fisher, of course we called him "Billfish."

In the 1968 University of Michigan freshman directory was an entry for a nice-looking young lady "Susie Blosenfuchs." Of course, it was bogus.

Posts: 6398 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jprebb:
I served in the Navy with a guy named Juan Juan.

JP

When I was instructing at Pensacola, one of my student's first name was Nohj (John spelled backwards) and pronounced "Nodge"

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
There is a girl/greeter at my favorite restaurant. Her name is "Tequila Rose". Word is, her Grandmother gave her the name. She"s also the prettiest girl I've seen in a long time. Well spoken and nice, too. A real winner if I've seen one lately.

'

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JR78:
You want strange names, ask all the cops out here.

Stopped a hippie looking guy on foot in the train yards one night. Said him name was Tree Of Life. After I tuned him up a bit, ha (not really, he produces a drivers license that stated "Life, Tree Of".

Knew a girl once that was named Hope, her younger sister named Faith. The youngest girl was named some common name Jane, Sue or something like that. Why not Charity or Love?

Posts: 263 | Location: Weatherford, TX | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Classmate in high school - John Smith

His only problem, when stopped by the police, was that it was real.

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:

Really wanted to call the middle and ask for Dick Dick.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post