SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Names People Give Their Offspring
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Names People Give Their Offspring Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Friend of my wife's family named their kid Tim Burr. Now if we are counting foreign names, it can really get hilarious. I worked with a guy in our China office named Yu Da Foo.

Posts: 2465 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Used to work with a guy with the last name of Cain.
Yep, his sister was named Candace - but everybody called her Candy Cain. When she got married she quickly changer her last name.

PC

Posts: 1329 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went to junior high with a guy named Jack Goff. He preferred to be call Jay for some reason.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1091 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
My wife hears a lot of interesting names at the hospital. What these parents are thinking when they saddle these kids with such names is a mystery (though they probably aren’t thinking). Of course, no matter how bad one is, there may be one worse, like when Latrine in Robin Hood told the Sheriff that she’d changed her name.

“You changed your name?”

“Yeah, it used to be S*#%house.”

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2089 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
It's pronounced, "Oz-we-pay".

Posts: 3171 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
This guys DL got ran more than any other DL in Louisiana.

All the new LEO's ended up running it.

DELICIOUS PETERS

Posts: 13012 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by charlie12:
This guys DL got ran more than any other DL in Louisiana.

All the new LEO's ended up running it.

DELICIOUS PETERS
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Absolutely.. Name listed in phone book also.......... drill sgt

Posts: 1945 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
When my daughter was younger, she was a cheerleader for a pop warner football squad. One set of parents had their kid's name on the back of jerseys they were wearing. "Semaj" was the name, and they called it out frequently..."you go Semaj", etc. It didn't take me long to realize they just reversed the Dad's name. James-->Semaj Roll Eyes

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 985 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went to school with a Virginia Hamm, and a neighbor's grand daughter was named T9C, (a southern way to say something is very small, but I don't think it is spelled that way, lol.

Posts: 514 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have heard of a boy named Sue

Posts: 1388 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
There were two names I’ll never forget.

I worked at a sandwich shop that delivered. Had a man with a thick asian accent call in an order and said his name was Ouch Doung. I looked him up thinking it would as a prank and sure enough, name and address matched.

The second was when I worked at a car dealership. Lady came in for an appointment said her name was Paj-a-may. It was spelled Pajama.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
Google Crystal Shanda Lear

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
More than once I have seen a girl named Abcde. Pronounced ab-su-dee.

Then when I was a kid there was a guy in Austin,TX named Henauder Titzoff.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
My understanding is my parents almost named me Aristotle.

Thank God they gave a drunk Irish moniker instead. I took enough thumpings as a young-gun as it was.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I processed an insurance application for an old man whose first name was Estrus.

Worked with a woman whose first name was Arthur. Yeah, her daddy already had a son named Arthur.

Posts: 391 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: February 27, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I shoot every week with a woman named Crystal Clear.

I once did business with a man named Noble Redwood.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wxdave:
When my daughter was younger, she was a cheerleader for a pop warner football squad. One set of parents had their kid's name on the back of jerseys they were wearing. "Semaj" was the name, and they called it out frequently..."you go Semaj", etc. It didn't take me long to realize they just reversed the Dad's name. James-->Semaj Roll Eyes

"So, honey, I was thinking we'd give our son a name that'd make people think he was a Balkan terrorist. Whadya say?"

Posts: 2449 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Met a lady whos name was "Penelope Hore". She went by "Penny". *Face palm*

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8835 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
My high school algebra teacher was Mr. Flowers.

He married a woman with the first name “Loverly”.

In that same town, we once had a mayor named Harry W. Baals. The city named a street for him, Harry W. Baals Lane.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1588 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
I worked with a lady whose (married) name was Carol Carol.

Went to school with a kid named Ahfoo.

Posts: 11505 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post