SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How are you?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How are you? Login/Join 
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I'm doing better than I deserve. But I do admit, there's anxiousness and uncertainty each and every day. Change is constant, and always has been I'm sure. But boy it seems to be coming at us fast these days, no?

Hope you all are doing well too.

Posts: 11401 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
As the song says, Thank you Lord for thinking about me, I'm alive and doing fine!
I'm probably the happiest I've ever been in life, work is good, home life is good, two grandkids to keep me busy and looking forward to retirement in a few years. Had gastric bypass surgery and lost 80 lbs so far, feeling great and getting back in shape. Life is truly good.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I kind of miss my bride, who passed in November after a 27 month fight with brain cancer in the big city, 400 miles away. Aside from that, I have little to complain about. I’m back home now. Home, sweet home.

Posts: 26973 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Things have been rough the past few weeks for me. My daughter has breast cancer and in the hospital for a week. She is not doing well.
My wife's step father died last Monday, that afternoon my mother-in-law found out she has lung cancer.
A visit to my cardiologist determined I have heart congestion which makes doing anything physical difficult and short of breath.
I can beat this, change of diet, and exercise should help. At 69 I am not giving up. Too much to live for.
Thanks for asking Para.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4021 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Tired. Very tired.

May be time to retire.

Posts: 2596 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I do have a long term concern that is troubling at times. My four siblings are all older than me, the oldest 78. I think you can guess what that is.

Posts: 28042 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Thanks for asking!

Sitting under the awning outside the rv, listening to the rain and the frogs.

Work is crazy, but not working 12 hour days anymore, actually get to take a 30min lunch everyday for a change.

All in all, things are aight here.

Posts: 11368 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arflattop
posted Hide Post
I am Blessed, Para. Thank you for thinking of all of us. I am in the enviable position of being 72, retired, and living with a lady who loves me. She is a year out from surviving unexplained, sudden heart damage resulting in the placement of an LVAD. Other than the wires, you'd never know she had been ill.

I wish you and your family God's Blessing and His Peace.

JPFO Life Member

Posts: 1216 | Location: Heartland of KY | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
Thanks for asking.
The family run hotel I worked as an Assistant GM for 32 1/2 years was sold in December. I really liked the people I worked for but I worked most weekends and holidays. The most recent MLK holiday was the first 3 day weekend I can remember being off in 30 years. I have worked 32 straight Thanksgivings. I enjoyed being in the hospitality business but it requires a lot of hours. I am really enjoying being off weekends and holidays. I feel like I am dating my beautiful bride of 35 years again.
But, I do miss working and will start a new job in March. My wife has been happy to let me take the time off. I have been able to reconnect with a lot of our friends and my extended family and it makes me see how much I have neglected relationships while working so much. I have realized how the people in your life are what it's all about.
I'm glad to see most of you are doing well and will say a prayer for those who are being challenged at this point in life. I certainly don't participate as much as most in this forum but I get so much from it and you all
are a great bunch of people.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
I'm retired now, got my aches and pains but very thankful for good health. Lot of people worse off than me.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2777 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Considering that we lost damn near everything in a flood on May 6, 2022 … life is surprisingly good right now. I am cautious in saying so.

We are rebuilding, and have the insurance money to do so, in hand. In fine physical shape, walking a 5K every day. 11 years of sobriety/abstinence from alcohol coming up on May 21, if I make it.

A rental roof over our heads, plenty to eat, and my job just keeps getting better and better.

Believe it or not, the flood has made for a great outlook on life that I did not have before. I now know what is truly important. I do not deserve the Grace I have been shown.

Oh, and I’m really digging single action revolvers these days.

Thank you for asking, Para.

Posts: 3813 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I’m hanging in there. Sad, but trying to see the bright side every day. The last 2 years were devastating for me personally, but I have much to look forward to, and I’m trying really hard to be positive. Lots of anxiety. I completely relate to joatmonv and skins’ posts.
Btw, thank you for asking. This is one of the very few places I can be honest. I have to present a strong face in most aspects of my life.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5366 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
The things that matter the most in my life like my faith in God, my family, and my health are all great. Every year since 2020 has been a battle for so many reasons though with each passing year things continue to get better overall so I am thankful. Despite that thought I still have a sadness and discontent with how the US is moving“forward”.

Every day seems like a battle and it’s disconcerting even outside our gun rights that are always in peril. I feel like the Bill of Rights is honestly being chipped away and it stings as I want my kids to know the world I grew up in. I’m sick of social media and the fake facades. I’m sick of the news always being negative. I’m sick of all that was taboo is now seemingly not only accepted, but shoved down our throats. I just wonder if and when it will end, but deep down I feel like I know the answer.

I try and just tune it out and find peace in my bubble with my people. And I have continued to thoroughly enjoy coming to this forum daily for almost 18 years, it’s a great outlet and space for being entertained and educated. Thanks for having me all these years.

Posts: 4617 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
I’m good too. Have great friends and in a great relationship. Adult children on the other hand have been a challenge. Not sure where that went south, but work in progress with them.

Work is good but has its challenges with staff and leadership turning the knobs and watching the dials. I’ll find out this week how well the company did and if there will be any bonus coming.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m good. Wife is 5 years cancer free. After that, I don’t worry so much.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2366 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
This is a good topic and one that I have thought about for some time. At family reunions and such, people will come up to you and ask how I am doing. They don't really care, it's just something that they ask in passing. Hell, they are walking away before I even respond.

When I ask someone how they are doing, I really want to know. If I didn't care, I would just say "hello".

Para is sincere with his question which I think is super awesome. So, I am doing OK but i have been better. The surgery on my leg in December went well but the healing time has been complicated by a lesion that appeared in one of the incisions. It will heal over time but I guess I'm just getting tired of my leg hurting.

Thank you for asking. Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5060 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
not doing well and not really liking life right now

Posts: 53268 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Fair to middling.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16272 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
My wife and I can't believe we are 78 AND a half.
We are madly in love, this year will be our 54th anniversary. My dear wife is having some health problems, but nothing life-threatening. My health problems are under control, and I feel much younger than my age.
Two of our three kids are married to wonderful spouses and we have three healthy, delightful grandchildren. Our daughter has moved from SD to Sacramento with our two granddaughters; but we may rent a house near them so we can continue our wonderful relationship.
Our older son, after 3 decades of life-shrinking arthritis, is healthier than he has been since age 20; and has finally found a career that is fulfilling, and it looks for now as if that job can continue indefinitely.
We were flabbergasted that he and his wife had a healthy baby, now 6 months old (they are not on the young side).
Our one insoluble problem is our younger son. He has Asperger's (we believe); has been unemployed for a number of years, is living with us, and if stuck and floundering. He survived a life-threatening hospitalization in 2020. We hoped it would be a wake-up call for sure; but he is not cooperating fully with us or his doctor. If we thought he would cooperate with his medical issues and finding work, we would be very happy with our situation with him.

I've tried to decrease my internet reading of the craziness of the world; I'm reading great books; and this week started at the San Diego Fine Woodworkers Association which has its own well-equipped woodshop. Great bunch of folks there, and I'm very excited about hanging out, learning more, and finally making some nice furniture.

Blessings beyond anything we deserve, after many years of serious worries about all three kids.

Posts: 18108 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
I do have a long term concern that is troubling at times. My four siblings are all older than me, the oldest 78. I think you can guess what that is.

My siblings are 21, 19, 16 and 15 years older. I'm almost 65 so you can see I'm in the same situation. We are not close, my oldest sister was married before I was born. My younger older brother and sister quit talking to me when I got remarried 28 years ago (divorce is sorta ok but remarriage ain't). My oldest brother and I talk from time to time but beyond that, no real family relationship to speak of.

Posts: 11236 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post