SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Demise of the NYPD Trigger!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Demise of the NYPD Trigger! Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
No, 8 is a typo or a stupido.

Of course.
I was going to make a snide comment about anyone who would seriously consider whether the NYPD ever issued 8-round revolvers, whether they exist or not, but I’ll just say it’s beyond unlikely. It’s like responding to a statement that the agency issued guns chambered for 454 Casull by saying, “Well, the guns exist, so it’s possible.” Roll Eyes

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47412 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
quote:
According to their data, the NYPD said officers missed half of the 256 shots they fired during 26 separate incidents.

Why do I not believe their hit rate is 50 percent? Did they pick the best 26 incidents they could find to come up with that average? Now, if I'm wrong and their accuracy has improved, that's a step in the right direction. Maybe they are shooting fewer rounds and improving accuracy.

The NYT had an article from Dec. 2007 suggesting a 17.4 percent hit rate in 2005, improving to 28.3 percent in 2006. LAPD was at 40 percent in 2006. (NYT article is behind a paywall.) A Norwich, Connecticut PD incident (suicide by cop) in 2013 garnered a 15 percent hit rate.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4992 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve495:
Now, if I'm wrong and their accuracy has improved, that's a step in the right direction.

Yes, I have seen similar reports about other LE agencies that indicate a 50% hit rate would be much better than average.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47412 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
No, 8 is a typo or a stupido.

Most likely true.

"I would like to see a police issue 8 round revolver. Maybe going to .22 would also increase the hit rate!"

This is the quote I was responding to and not to consider whether police were ever issued 8 round revolvers. Someone needs to improve their reading comprehension skills. Roll Eyes

Posts: 6630 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I think they're right about increased mag capacity but wrong about reducing trigger weights and staying with wimpy 9MM.

I'd suggest:

Yea, that's the ticket!

Dammit. I even looked up a chart of Glock model numbers.
Thanks, Oat! Smile By the way, there's no 'h' in "wimpy", except for the urbandictionary version. Actually, the urbandictionary definition of 'whimpy' is appropos, both for the 9MM and me. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15906 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
The G42 is a .380, so I'm not sure if that's a replacement for a "whimpy" 9mm. Wink

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post