SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Armed Citizen...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Armed Citizen... Login/Join 
half-genius,
half-wit
posted
What might have happened if he had NOT had a gun, and the will to use it?

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=unsDI_1564076867

Posts: 11323 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Did they not notice he was open carrying?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Did they not notice he was open carrying?

Pretty brazen to walk up to someone watering their lawn.
Especially a full grown male and I guess they were just "unlucky" he was carrying.
Confused
I don't think I would let two young black guys just walk up on me that close.
Yeah, call me racist but all my Spydie senses would go off on the situation.
If it were two 12 year old girls (regardless of race Razz) carrying cookies I wouldn't be quite so worried.

Posts: 22908 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Funny how that one guy just casually turns around and calmly walks back to his ride. Odd reaction to having a gun pulled on you.

And the homeowner needs to work on his draw. He had trouble getting the pistol out and then took the holster off his waistband along with it. He's lucky the yutes were unarmed or didn't draw on him.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
The Homeowner was open carrying, but he didn't have the holster secured. It popped out of his belt and he was forced to shed it with his left hand.

He was lucky they didn't close the distance and attack when he went for the pistol.

Also the guy in the black hoody was a cocky dirtbag. He just turned his back and sauntered off. I imagine the homeowner must have used great restraint to overcome the urge to ventilate that punk.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is becoming the norm like this now. These animals have to respect for themselves or anyone else. That hooded one might have needed a thump on the back of the head for good measure until the cops arrived. I doubt that is the last anyone sees of them.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Glad it worked out for him. He needs a bit of practice though.

I just realized I carry everywhere allowed by law except when i'm doing yard work. Frown That needs to change

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Funny how that one guy just casually turns around and calmly walks back to his ride. Odd reaction to having a gun pulled on you.

Not his first rodeo. He was likely well aware the possibility of being shot was extremely low, at least legally.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:

I just realized I carry everywhere allowed by law except when i'm doing yard work. Frown That needs to change

If you are actively and legally hunting moles in your yard...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43882 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Graphic example of why everyone who carries needs some professional training and somewhat regular (good) practice. IMHO a solid 2 day defensive handgun course is enough.

I'd bet over 90% of those who carry have had no professional training but "think" they would perform under stress like John Wick when the reality of their crap holster and un-trained self is the above.

Exemption for anyone who competes even semi-seriously in IDPA etc. watching and learning from the very good shooters and practicing seriously for the sport counts, at least for firearms handling and marksmanship.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just realized I carry everywhere allowed by law except when i'm doing yard work. Frown

I carry while doing yard work in cooler weather. In the weather we've been having, lately, I'm stripped-down as far as possible.

quote:
That needs to change

I've thought about it, but the shorts I'm wearing won't even support my "Noisy Cricket."

I'll give this some more thought.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:

Bad Monkey

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Always carry, even at home.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
a big part of the reason I bought a Glock 48. Easier, ad more boolits than my S&W model 40.
That guy needs a better holster. A draw is only as good as the holster you draw from.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Always carry. It actually takes little to no effort and simplifies things.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:

My sister is covered with moles ...

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

I've thought about it, but the shorts I'm wearing won't even support my "Noisy Cricket."

You probably need to rethink your wardrobe choice.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:

You probably need to rethink your wardrobe choice.

No, I don't mow the lawn wearing a banana hammock Usually, in hot weather, it's gym shorts that reach down nearly to my knees. But the fabric has a lot of give.

The title of that piece is a bit misleading. It's more like "Man Mowing His Junk-Infested Weed Patch."

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m a lazy millennial.... my go to attire is gym shorts and a t shirt while at home and doing yard work.... given this I bit the $$ bullet and got the lightest weight S&W J frame in a DeSantis pocket holster for carry while at home and doing yard work... it doesn’t sag too bad but don’t go chasing the dog when he gets loose.... Whacked myself good in the old ‘nads ....

Posts: 198 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
...The title of that piece is a bit misleading. It's more like "Man Mowing His Junk-Infested Weed Patch."

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post