SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    De-Elect Raphael Warnock!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

De-Elect Raphael Warnock! Login/Join 
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
I don’t think this game is about “Candidate Quality “ as Cocaine Mitch McConnell, and others suggest … The Republicans aren’t playing the correct game.

I agree. Fetterman won so don't talk to me about "quality" candidates. It's bullshit. And to buy that Walker paid for her girlfriend's abortion as a ding against him versus Warnock's wife complaining about him hitting her with his car is more bullshit. It's not as if people would change their positions if the stories were reversed as in Warnock paid for his girlfriend's abortion and Walker hit his wife with his car.

No, they're not bullshit. Fetterman didn't win in Georgia so he's fairly irrelevant but it's also unsurprising that democrats vote straight party. Many republicans do not, especially moderates who are somewhat socially liberal.

The biggest problem with Walker was not the abortion stuff or the family stuff, imo, it's that he's an uneducated imbecile.

If "playing the same game" means voting for whoever has the R by his name regardless of how crappy he is, then no, a lot of people don't want to play that game.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10496 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Yeah, apparently a good portion of Republicans in Georgia don’t play the game.

And we just lost all the senate committees at a national level. Democrats have little to no resistance to their nominees now.

You know you’re supposed to select the lesser of two weevils? Wink

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Its not just the parties and politicians we have to worry about. Lots of big corporations have bought into this globalist crap and are willing to sacrifice their companies to drag this country into the gutter.

CEO's should run their companies for productivity, and betterment of their shareholders and stay out of politics.

https://www.wbtv.com/2021/04/1...s-state-voting-laws/

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20325 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
I don’t think this game is about “Candidate Quality “ as Cocaine Mitch McConnell, and others suggest … The Republicans aren’t playing the correct game.

Candidates don’t matter… Ballots do.

I don’t even know if they’re on the same field or even same planet.

I’m not endorsing it, I’m not saying it’s right. But the rules have been changed without asking the people.

A huge chunk of the GOP is willing to sink candidates to block MAGA intentionally. We can't win AZ, GA, or PA if this happens. We can all believe and wish upon a star, but no MAGA candidate, including Trump will win in those states when they stay home. Will better candidates help? Of course, but that’s not why the establishment is against them.

MAGA turns off white suburban women to the point they actively vote against them or stay home in AZ, PA, and GA. Again, we saw that the GOP couldn't win in those states in 2020 and November without them.

The establishment doesn't want MAGA to win, and MAGA may stay home if the establishment gets its way. That's the lay of the land, not doom and gloom. Loses will keep adding up if we keep doing the same thing. That doesn’t mean the MAGA movement is over, but we need to transition the principles behind it to people like DeSantis, who won’t start the race losing a chunk of the GOP and women voters.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Are you saying Trump endorsed Kari Lake (R) was a terrible opponent/low quality candidate against Katie Hobbs (D); Secretary of State?

Couldn’t be possibly that the process favors one party?

In the White House today, they was talking about their “voter mandate” today from a 50-50 election… Roll Eyes

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jtedescucci
posted Hide Post
Fix the problems in the election system - (vote on one day only, paper ballots & save them all, institute strict voter I.D. laws, teach the republicans to be as sneaky and cheating as the democrats, and then select only the best republican candidates.... and you will see elections in this country begin to be more honest and believable. Until then you're going to have the same old crap - election after election - that we are seeing now. It's sickening. But until the law is enforced and cheaters are made to pay, THIS will continue........

"...we have put together I think the most extensive & inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics." - Joe Biden

Posts: 3043 | Location: AC/Clarksville | Registered: February 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
It's been called for Warnock, with more than 51% with 99% of the vote counted. There are not enough outstanding votes to make a difference.

Bummer! I was really hoping Walker would win. Democrat control of the Senate will pose many problems, even with a slim majority in the House.

flashguy

Man, you act like the Dems weren't in control of the Senate the last 2 years. How about be thankful that, for the next 2 years at a minimum, the commies cannot ram shit down the people's throat with impunity.

Q

Posts: 26479 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
Unfortunately all we can do right now is sit back and wait

Or....

You could get involved in identifying and promoting quality candidates.

You could get involved in correcting voting problems.

You could get involved in coordinating taking advantage of the voter laws just like the left has.

Sitting back and waiting will get you exactly where you currently are. The left isn't sitting back and waiting, which is why they are getting where they are.

I don't live in Georgia.

I am active where I do live.

I've made the same argument here that you're making often enough that you're not telling me anything.

So...what exactly do you propose I do about Georgia?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As far as the divide between MAGA Republicans and non-MAGA Republicans, I wonder if the labels are always being applied accurately. Is it fair to call a Republican who is 100% supportive of the MAGA agenda, yet is ready to move on from Trump a non-MAGA Republican? I don't need to list all of the issues Trump has had. I do get a sense that many Republicans believe that another Republican would be in a better position to move the MAGA agenda forward, rather than Trump.

Posts: 1057 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
There are MAGA republicans and anti-MAGA republicans

There's also an official Republican Platform. Seems that one of those groups is more in favor of those principals, and the other group is Republican in name only.

Forgoing all of that because you don't like mean tweets is a serious problem.

DJT did not allow a Republican platform to be put forward at the convention. I don’t keep up with political conventions typically but it was the first one that I could remember that did not have a “national platform”. Not being argumentative, just that I thought it was odd.

Posts: 797 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
It's been called for Warnock, with more than 51% with 99% of the vote counted. There are not enough outstanding votes to make a difference.

Bummer! I was really hoping Walker would win. Democrat control of the Senate will pose many problems, even with a slim majority in the House.

flashguy

Man, you act like the Dems weren't in control of the Senate the last 2 years. How about be thankful that, for the next 2 years at a minimum, the commies cannot ram shit down the people's throat with impunity.

If I understand correctly, any Senate committees had to have equal numbers of republicans and democrats with the 50/50 split. This does not apply at 51-49. Maybe I am incorrect.

Posts: 797 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfpacker:

If I understand correctly, any Senate committees had to have equal numbers of republicans and democrats with the 50/50 split. This does not apply at 51-49. Maybe I am incorrect.

Yeah, but the Dems control the all chaimanship, and anything that come up for floor vote would go the Dems way, because of the whore casting the tie-breaking vote.

Q

Posts: 26479 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
quote:

I agree. Fetterman won so don't talk to me about "quality" candidates. It's bullshit. And to buy that Walker paid for her girlfriend's abortion as a ding against him versus Warnock's wife complaining about him hitting her with his car is more bullshit. It's not as if people would change their positions if the stories were reversed as in Warnock paid for his girlfriend's abortion and Walker hit his wife with his car.

No, they're not bullshit. Fetterman didn't win in Georgia so he's fairly irrelevant but it's also unsurprising that democrats vote straight party. Many republicans do not, especially moderates who are somewhat socially liberal.

The biggest problem with Walker was not the abortion stuff or the family stuff, imo, it's that he's an uneducated imbecile.

If "playing the same game" means voting for whoever has the R by his name regardless of how crappy he is, then no, a lot of people don't want to play that game.

Saying that Fetterman not winning in Georgia makes him irrelevant is grasping at straws and swallowing McConnel's bullshit. Are the people in PA different from the people in Georgia? Are you saying quality candidates matter in Georgia but not PA?

Calling him an uneducated imbecile shows your apparent ignorance of the man. He appears more to have been a book worm than a dumb jock.

quote:
Herschel Walker was born in Augusta, Georgia and grew up outside of Wrightsville, Georgia. For the first 11 years of his life, Herschel Walker showed little interest in sports; he preferred reading books and writing poetry. At age 12, however, he began a crash exercise program. Over the next year, he did 100,000 push-ups, 100,000 sit-ups and sprinted thousands of miles.

In high school, Walker played football and basketball and competed in track and field. He scored a record-breaking 86 touchdowns as a running back and led his teams to state championships in both football and track while maintaining an A average.

Herschel Walker participated in the 1980 Academy of Achievement program as the valedictorian of his class and the most sought-after high school football player in the nation.
Link

Were you valedictorian of your class? If you say, you're not the topic of discussion and therefore should not be asked if you graduated valedictorian, you're the one who said he's an uneducated imbecile.

He had the smarts enough to run a franchise in 1984. He had the smarts enough to create a business distributing chicken products. Link Uneducated imbeciles tend to be taken for their money; Walker doesn't seem to be that type.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19707 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
DJT did not allow a Republican platform to be put forward at the convention.

That wasn't Trump, that was the Republican National Committee. They blamed Covid and not wanting to adopt a platform with a minority of participants.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15729 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:

That may be the biggest problem, but that's not why he wasn't elected.

Posts: 2790 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Saying that Fetterman not winning in Georgia makes him irrelevant is grasping at straws and swallowing McConnel's bullshit. Are the people in PA different from the people in Georgia? Are you saying quality candidates matter in Georgia but not PA?

Calling him an uneducated imbecile shows your apparent ignorance of the man. He appears more to have been a book worm than a dumb jock.

quote:
Herschel Walker was born in Augusta, Georgia and grew up outside of Wrightsville, Georgia. For the first 11 years of his life, Herschel Walker showed little interest in sports; he preferred reading books and writing poetry. At age 12, however, he began a crash exercise program. Over the next year, he did 100,000 push-ups, 100,000 sit-ups and sprinted thousands of miles.

In high school, Walker played football and basketball and competed in track and field. He scored a record-breaking 86 touchdowns as a running back and led his teams to state championships in both football and track while maintaining an A average.

Herschel Walker participated in the 1980 Academy of Achievement program as the valedictorian of his class and the most sought-after high school football player in the nation.
Link

Were you valedictorian of your class? If you say, you're not the topic of discussion and therefore should not be asked if you graduated valedictorian, you're the one who said he's an uneducated imbecile.

He had the smarts enough to run a franchise in 1984. He had the smarts enough to create a business distributing chicken products. Link Uneducated imbeciles tend to be taken for their money; Walker doesn't seem to be that type.

The people in PA are, in fact, different than the people in Georgia. They certainly care about different issues.

I've known about Herschel Walker my entire life. He's god-like in my home state, the only one I've ever lived in. And the reason is because he could carry a football and do it better than anybody else.

His HS in Wrightsville (conveniently located at 150 Herschel Walker Dr and not because he was valedictorian) is in the smallest classification in the state. Currently, they have 350 kids in the entire school. Currently they are ranked 3/10 in rankings. Currently, only 50% of kids go to college. Currently, they are below average in test scores, SAT scores, and proficiency in every subject. None of these things were better 42 years ago. So yes, I very easily could have been valedictorian of Johnson County HS.

Herschel then went on to not graduate from college.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10496 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:

The people in PA are, in fact, different than the people in Georgia. They certainly care about different issues.

I've known about Herschel Walker my entire life. He's god-like in my home state, the only one I've ever lived in. And the reason is because he could carry a football and do it better than anybody else.

His HS in Wrightsville (conveniently located at 150 Herschel Walker Dr and not because he was valedictorian) is in the smallest classification in the state. Currently, they have 350 kids in the entire school. Currently they are ranked 3/10 in rankings. Currently, only 50% of kids go to college. Currently, they are below average in test scores, SAT scores, and proficiency in every subject. None of these things were better 42 years ago. So yes, I very easily could have been valedictorian of Johnson County HS.

Herschel then went on to not graduate from college.

It's not about the issues; the issue is about "quality candidates." There's no support for thinking that PA voters are not concerned about quality candidates and therefore elected Fetterman while people in Georgia are concerned about quality candidates and that Walker is not a quality candidate.

His high school classification and number of people or its rankings do not take away from him having been a valedictorian which disproves your assertion he's an uneducated imbecile. You say you could very easily have been valedictorian but were you? Woulda, coulda, shoulda doesn't mean jack; he did.

He won the Heisman Trophy in his junior year. He gave up his final year of college to took the risk of joining the USFL. As someone who had the diligence to pursue the Heisman Trophy, I don't think he went pro without weighing the pros and cons. Him not graduating from college to turn pro just makes him similar to Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg, both of whom didn't graduate from college either. Having done 3 years of college, winning the Heisman Trophy, and quitting college to go pro doesn't support the assertion he's an uneducated imbecile.

You're free to have your opinion but, understand that you haven't proven your assertion nor do the facts support it.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19707 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I think that facts clearly support YellowJackets assertion that Walker was not the right candidate.

As I stated previously, Republican Governor candidate Brian Kemp received 2.1 million votes. That pretty clearly means that there are 2.1 million people in GA who will vote for what they consider to be the right Republican candidate. The number of people who voted for him rose slightly since 2018 so there doesn’t appear to be a decrease in the number of people willing to vote Republican either. Two years ago the two GA Republicans running for the senate got 2.1 and 2.2 million votes.

Walker only got 1.7 million votes in the runoff election. Around 400k potential Republican voters stayed home this week. Unsurprisingly both candidates got more votes in November than they did in the runoff, but Walker just barely broke 1.9 million votes on that election. If he’d got the same number of voters as Kemp got, or as either of the 2020 senate candidates had, he’d have won it outright in November.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15259 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
It's the third party clandestine demorrhoid voters.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34139 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Want to talk about imbeciles? Talk to the 400k Republican imbeciles who decided to stay home and gave the senate seat to a commie. Not the right candidate bullshit. They basically said that the commie Warnock was the better candidate and sent him back to DC. Fucking imbeciles. Unforgivable behavior.

Q