SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    De-Elect Raphael Warnock!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

De-Elect Raphael Warnock! Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted
If you are in Georgia, today is the day to vote for the runoff.

Posts: 9169 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I really hope Walker wins. The media has shown yet again that they will go all out against any black person who dares to stray from the herd and be a conservative.

I’m also super happy to stop getting multiple texts a day about it since I have a GA phone number.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15259 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I hope Walker wins too. I sent some money to the campaign in November.

I was shocked last weekend when the so-called Republican Lt Gov of Georgia went to the media with a litany of reasons why not to vote for Walker. Seemed to be a never Trumper and it irked him that he had Trump's endorsement. Not a single reason why the demonrat Warnock is a better candidate or person.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23316 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Got back a few minutes ago. Three to four minutes in and out.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2109 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Voted this morning, took about three minutes

I definitely didn't vote for the pro choice fake Man of God

Posts: 5350 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
I’m optimistic …

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Voted,

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Voted last week.

Posts: 107728 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
Wife and I voted a couple of hours ago.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3814 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Seems like two trends are becoming evident.

1. Republicans participated in the early vote more than previous elections and

2. Newt Gingrich this morning said that the early vote that was in was mostly older voters as the young vote has not turned out in the early balloting. That means a plurality of conservative votes in the early vote.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
I hope Walker wins too. I sent some money to the campaign in November.

I was shocked last weekend when the so-called Republican Lt Gov of Georgia went to the media with a litany of reasons why not to vote for Walker. Seemed to be a never Trumper and it irked him that he had Trump's endorsement. Not a single reason why the demonrat Warnock is a better candidate or person.

I saw a snippet of that douchebag. WTF was that all about??? Even the governor who isn't a fan of Trump went to endorsed Walker.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19707 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Maybe it’s time to repeal the 17th Amendment and go back to letting the individual State Legislatures elected the State senators. Senatorial elections have become too national with outside money pouring in for candidates.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2706 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ If the Lieutenant Governor is a problem then the state legislators would be a problem too. The only difference is that the outside money (and other "favors") would flow to state legislators, who are under no legal restriction from taking outside money. That's not going to solve the problem at all, and makes it more difficult for the people themselves to solve the problem.

The people of Georgia themselves are the only ones who can solve this problem; they may as well get started right now.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
He's not wrong... Herschel Walker is easily the worst GOP candidate for any major office that I can remember in my 22 years of voting.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10496 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll bet the dead people are lining up to vote ...

Posts: 4069 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Senator John Fetterwoman (D) PA demonstrably proves that “candidate quality” doesn’t much matter anymore.

~Robert A. Heinlein

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
He's not wrong... Herschel Walker is easily the worst GOP candidate for any major office that I can remember in my 22 years of voting.
Timing is everything. Say what he said during:
  • the primary - perfectly normal and encouraged
  • during a Republican vs Demonrat vote with local/state implications - moronic
  • during a Republican vs Demonrat vote with national implications - unforgiveable. Should never again receive a single penny or endorsement from the Republicans.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23316 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    The Devil went down to Georgia... The fix is in.
    It's in his Dominion

“Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.”

John Adams

Posts: 317 | Location: Land of 10000 Taxes | Registered: March 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Lawyers, Guns
    and Money
    Picture of chellim1
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Maybe it’s time to repeal the 17th Amendment and go back to letting the individual State Legislatures elect the State senators.

Agreed.
    1913 was a very bad year for States rights.
    Both the 16th & 17th Amendments and the Federal Reserve Act... all of which expanded the Fed .gov and reduced the power of the States.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
    -- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
    -rduckwor

Posts: 24175 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Just because you can,
    doesn't mean you should
    posted Hide Post
    Huge turnout in early voting where I live, especially for a runoff.
    Hard to tell today but the traffic around the voting looked much less busy than early voting.
    In any case, I'll be glad to see the politics and related spam stopping for a little while.
    This type of runoff is much harder to predict via polling than a larger election so keep fingers crossed.

Posts: 9546 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post