SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Prayers and good thoughts requested...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prayers and good thoughts requested... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Prayers said and sent for a total and complete recovery.

"Shoot lower, Sheriff, They're ridin' shetlands"
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?

Posts: 1360 | Location: S.E. Wi. | Registered: October 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

Posts: 1360 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers said !!! Also before her hair starts to fall out, maybe she can just have it all cut off and have a place create a wig for her using her own hair ? Is there such a place ? If not, donate it to where they can create wigs for children that need it ? That way she is donating and helping an excellent cause. Then she can get a wig herself ? Just a thought. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3071 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep positive -- both of you!

My girlfriend passed the 10-year survival anniversary a while ago.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9167 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All our prayers as well. Been there with my wife in 2007. We also benefited from an early detection and diagnosis.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1529 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent. It can be beat, my aunt is a 25 year+ survivor.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent!

Posts: 4505 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A longtime GF of mine went thru the same thing. Breast cancer treatment has made leaps and bounds of progress with the disease. All this scared me too but my GF beat it and now is a 10 + year survivor. I hope you have a similar outcome.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16116 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Prayers for your family. Next door neighbor beat hers and her red shot returned pretty quickly.

Posts: 6018 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Wreckdiver, there have been remarkable advances made in breast cancer treatment and the fact that it was discovered early only increases the odds dramatically.

I know other breast cancer survivors fighters well past the 5 year mark.

I once dated a girl who was going thru a mild form of chemo and, while she reported noticing hair loss in the shower, it wasn't readily noticeable. When we started dating she had beautiful long brown hair, but after starting her treatment she cut her hair short, sort of a "pixie" or gymnast/figure skater cut and found that there was less hair weight and therefore it was less likely to fall out. Maybe that's an option.

Prayers and good thoughts for a speedy and full recovery! Go kick this thing in the butt.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My mom was diagnosed back in 2001. It was a shit phone call as I was overseas and couldnt return but it all worked out and shes doing great now still. My understanding is research and treatment has come along way since.

She went bald but got a wig and we all shaved our heads and gave support and I think that was a really big deal. Chemo sucks, no two ways about it but be there for her as I imagine you will be and see her through it. Oh and her hair came back so its a temporary thing.

Prayers will be sent. Make sure you take care of yourself as well.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you and your wife, Sir. May you share many more years together.

Posts: 3598 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
In my prayers. My little sister went through that 20 years ago, and has been doing well.

Posts: 26935 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Already done on my end, Mark. Kim will beat it. The man upstairs is on your side.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers for your wife. My wife had her cancer removed in 2010. No kemo just radiation. She is thinking it’s back but will not go to the doctors.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers on the way!

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vic40204
posted Hide Post
Best thoughts sent your way. Wishing you many more happy years together!

Vic Johnson

Posts: 798 | Location: Augusta, Georgia. | Registered: February 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Prayer sent up for Kim and you as well. You could shave your head as a show of support for her. Just a thought.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1695 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Y'all are in my prayers. I hope it encourages you both to tell you my mother has been cancer free (breast cancer) for almost 40 years!! Sig Sailor's suggestion is kinda fun. Both my brother and I (and even his daughter!!) took the clippers...not the razor...to our heads in our show of support for his wife's treatment. He looked more like a convict than I. Smile

God bless!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post