SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Caption this (electrical outlet fail)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Caption this (electrical outlet fail) Login/Join 
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
"All Your Toenail Are Belong To Us"

Posts: 15026 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Just doin what needs to be done to get the job done.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6486 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Only thing missing is a wet sponge current indicator!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4834 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's when the three y.o. twins go silent that you need to start worrying

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54624 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
It only hurts when you unplug it!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Piece of toilet paper and you can light your smoke !

Posts: 368 | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
MacGyver this isn’t.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: spunk639,

Posts: 2774 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Goldberg-circuit plug (Rube Goldberg)

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2009 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
that is a Type I; Australia, New Zealand and China: 230V

Looks like a North American cord (rated for 120V) plugged in which is a recipe for disaster

I didn't recognize the outlet type, but I immediately thought "I wonder if that's 220?" Lol.

When I was in Brazil back in high school, my group had a ton of stuff get fried. In practice, they have basically no electrical codes down there (in fact, a lot of the places we were at we're getting power from boot-leg wires spliced into the overhead lines without the "involvement" of the power company...other places were powered by some really sketchy poorly-regulated generators), and they have both 110 and 220V power. There's supposed to be different outlets for each type, but that's not always the case. I remember watching the insides of our portable sound system run out of the case in liquid form at one point.

Posts: 8564 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cold Ass Honkey
Picture of Sig Vicious
posted Hide Post
"..looks like we've got a jumper!"

------------------------------
Never fully gruntled.

Posts: 2173 | Location: OR-ee-GUN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:

I didn't recognize the outlet type, but I immediately thought "I wonder if that's 220?" Lol.

When I was in Brazil back in high school, my group had a ton of stuff get fried.

I got to Kuwait in early 2003 as part of OIF and watched a guy on my team plug in his phone charger with phone attached to a Kuwait electric plug, same exact ones as UK and it went "poof" Big Grin

Kuwait uses this:

Posts: 33787 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Six months ago, I couldn't spell 'elektrishun' and now I are one.

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
If that damn cord had been just a little bit longer...

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1864 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
"MacGyver".

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Always important to get the Hot and Neutral correct.

Now you know what those holes in the prongs are for.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10916 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
Looks like we need another Timmy!

Posts: 5736 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Caption this

Free defibrillation with every manicure!

Posts: 6464 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Desperation is the mother of invention

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29692 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post