SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Caption this (electrical outlet fail)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Caption this (electrical outlet fail) Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted

What countries use this kind?

Posts: 27952 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Code violation, no ground! ;-)

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
"Necessity is the mother of -- OW! DANG!!" Eek

God bless America.

Posts: 13497 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's only temporary unless it works.

Posts: 921 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Vibrator needed power

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Europe . Nothing surprises me .

Posts: 4056 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
What's the problem?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When converting US appliances to Aussie electrical receptacles, make certain all your convertor nail clippers are UL listed. Note that 240-volts may affect the performance of your 110-volt appliances. A bright blue flash signifies successful conversion.

Posts: 282 | Location: Central PA | Registered: November 11, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
So did the space heater go nuclear? Asking for a friend.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Thank goodness the outlet is switched so that you can safely trim your nails!

Posts: 6470 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
After Uncle Elmore survived that lightning strike, he stated that he was immune to electrocution!

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:

That isn't a European receptacle

that is a Type I; Australia, New Zealand and China: 230V

Looks like a North American cord (rated for 120V) plugged in which is a recipe for disaster. Eek

Posts: 33807 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
I see nothing wrong with this.

Posts: 5302 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Let the smoke out …

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Honey, I charged up your nail clippers. You can grab ‘Em when you need ‘em.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12436 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone put the "red your dead" sticker on the wrong side of the safety switch.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:

That isn't a European receptacle

that is a Type I; Australia, New Zealand and China: 230V

Looks like a North American cord (rated for 120V) plugged in which is a recipe for disaster. Eek
FWIW, quite a few US appliances eauipped with standard 3-prong AC plugs and cords are designed to work with both 110v and 220v power input--they have circuits that are able to handle both voltages. All my battery chargers are designed that way--when traveling all I need is an adapter for the various outlets and I'm good to go, no transformers, etc. needed. As long as the cord insulation is rated for 220v there is no real danger, because the current draw at 220v is half what it would be at 110v.

That being said, that arrangement is most assuredly very dangerous. Very ingenious, but very dangerous.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
[SARCASM] Clearly the TSA did not confiscate the nail clippers prior to the flight overseas. Major mistake. The flight security was at risk, and now we have a bona fide hotel fire risk situation. One American tourist risks the lives of thousands of people in the law-abiding country of Tasmania (or wherever). I can't believe it. After all the preaching about being a good citizen, obeying the law, taking care of one's neighbor. Someone should just shut down the entry point. USA passport holders must be held accountable! [/SARCASM]

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5053 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
You guys act like you've never seen electric clippers before.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16349 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks just fine, until you need to cut your nails.

We believe arming our fellow Americans – both physically and philosophically – helps them fulfill our Founding Fathers' intent with the Second Amendment: To serve as a check on state power.

Posts: 280 | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post