SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fauci Ouchi by Bumbledins EO applies to SAM/GOV contractors also **EDIT: Exemption Information Added
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fauci Ouchi by Bumbledins EO applies to SAM/GOV contractors also **EDIT: Exemption Information Added Login/Join 
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted
I just received this notice in my email, and decided to read through the blog. My company does work with FSA/USDA, USACE, DOI, and occasionally the USFS. So losing the opportunity to accept those lucrative contracts is about a 15-20% gross potential revenue blow to my company. Regardless of my status of jabbed or unjabbed (my own personal health decision along with my partners), the implication that SAM renewal will require certification, and current acceptance of new contracts will require certification proof of the jab...its a big deal.

As I've echo'd in other threads. Freedom isn't free. Here's one of the areas it is going to cost me. We WILL NOT COMPLY. At least I get to be in a unique position the government isn't used to...that if I won't or can't do the contract, there isn't anyone else who can either. Shut down.

Here's the link:
https://www.whitcomblawpc.com/...source=hs_automation

Here's a snipped and paste of the blog:
quote:

On September 9, 2021, President Biden issued an Executive Order (EO), entitled “Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors”, directing the Federal Acquisition Regulatory Council to amend the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) to issue a new standard clause by October 8, 2021. According to the EO:

“[the] clause shall specify that the contractor or subcontractor shall, for the duration of the contract, comply with all guidance for contractor or subcontractor workplace locations published by the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force….”

The Safer Federal Workforce Task Force (Task Force) has already issued guidance for the mandatory vaccination of all executive-department employees, and it is anticipated that the Task Force will issue the same guidance for contractors by September 24, 2021. Assuming the guidance is approved by the Office of Management and Budget, the new clause will mandate Covid-19 vaccines for contractors and subcontractors performing work under certain government contracts.1

WHAT CONTRACTS ARE AT STAKE?
The EO applies to “any new contract; new contract-like instrument; new solicitation for a contract or contract-like instrument; extension or renewal of an existing contract or contract-like instrument; and exercise of an option on an existing contract or contract-like instrument.” “New” is defined as any contract, solicitation, etc. issued on or after October 15, 2021.2 Existing contracts, solicitations, etc., issued prior to the order appear unaffected, at least until the solicitor seeks to extend a contract or exercise an option. For existing contracts, solicitations, etc. issued between the date of the EO and October 15, 2021, the EO strongly encourages agencies “to the extent permitted by law, to ensure that the safety protocols required under those contracts and contract-like instruments are consistent with the requirements [contained in the new FAR clause]”, which are applicable to those issued on or after October 15, 2021.3

Although the EO promised to “decrease worker absence, reduce labor costs, and improve the efficiency of contractors and subcontractors at sites where they are performing work for the Federal Government. Accordingly, ensuring that Federal contractors and subcontractors are adequately protected from COVID-19 will bolster economy and efficiency in Federal procurement” 4, it is likely many small-business government contractors and subcontractors may be unwilling to comply with a mandatory vaccination requirement. With an ongoing worker shortage, government-contractor employees who oppose the Covid-19 vaccine have ample employment options and may turn to companies that do not require the vaccine. This EO may also discourage small businesses from bidding on “new” government contracts.

As for existing contracts, small-business contractors may rightfully fear a portion of their workforce will depart at crucial and potentially profitable junctures such as at the exercise of a contract option or an extension. If government contractors pivot to commercial contracts, government agencies will be forced to recompete an increased number of existing contracts in an environment of decreased price competition and far fewer vendor options.

WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?
Those small businesses who currently have a government contract, need to know the available options, including if an existing contract and/or existing open solicitations are subject to the EO. In addition to applicability limited by timing, the EO applies to certain solicitations, existing contracts, and contract-type instruments based on subject matter and price, including exclusions for grants, agreements with Indian Tribes under the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act, and contracts under the Simplified Acquisition Threshold. Depending on the final guidance from the Task Force, contractors may also consider whether any employees who oppose the vaccination can seek an exemption based on medical or religious grounds.

CONCLUSION
Laws and regulations pertaining to Covid-19 can present complex legal issues for employers, especially for those working with the government.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AKSuperDually,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Ha ha ha

Freakin’ dig it!

So glad I’m out/done w .gov/.mil

AMF!

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I wish one of these wonderful think tanks would put together a dollar calculation of the amount of economic impact these stupid mandates will have on the domestic & international economy. My bet is the number would be huge.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
I wish one of these wonderful think tanks would put together a dollar calculation of the amount of economic impact these stupid mandates will have on the domestic & international economy. My bet is the number would be huge.

When $100 million is an agency budget rounding error, I don’t think they would ever really care…

In fact, I know they don’t.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:

When $100 million is an agency budget rounding error, I don’t think they would ever really care…

In fact, I know they don’t.
I think you're undercutting the real number big time. My bet, the actual, ongoing, impacts are in the tens of 'billions' if not more. And how about the the human costs. How many people will die due to healthcare workers being fired? How many people will die or be injured due to police, FD, and EMT's being unable to respond to calls due to a lack of staffing? What about the opportunity and other costs associated with all those container ships sitting at anchor in perpetuity? And none of that can be fixed quickly at this point regardless what course or decisions the Retard Administration takes.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are allowed a medical or religious exemption.
Must be jabbed or have an approved accommodation by 8 December 2021.

You doctor may be willing to give you a note.
Some will some will not.

Any clergy can do one.

Good luck.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Nobody where I work is required to be vaccinated.

Vaccine and masks are totally optional, each person is free to make his / her own choice.

Of course, I'm The Boss. That might have something to do with it.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Nobody where I work is required to be vaccinated.

Vaccine and masks are totally optional, each person is free to make his / her own choice.

Of course, I'm The Boss. That might have something to do with it.

We have the same rules here.

~Robert A. Heinlein

blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig2392:
You are allowed a medical or religious exemption.
Must be jabbed or have an approved accommodation by 8 December 2021.

You doctor may be willing to give you a note.
Some will some will not.

Any clergy can do one.

Good luck.

Not just any clergy can. Many will, but also, many have been told they will lose their credentials and be removed from the organization if they do.
I will write them, I've had mixed messages from my organization. The head legal counsel gave an example letter and a policy on exemption letters, then my regional leadership instructed us under no circumstances will anyone in their region be allowed to write these letters. Of course...they're based in Portland and Seattle, so I'm ignoring them.

I'll let you all know when I get my minister's license credentials yanked...

As for my other company, the one directly affected by this, I can't wait for USDA to call requesting another USDA or FSA appraisal. Last time we were the only company qualified and willing to bid.

"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Just a suggestion: It's worth considering editing your thread title to remove the "cutesy" nicknames (Fauci Ouchi/Bumbledin/etc.).

Something more like "Biden EO Vaccine Mandate Applies to SAM/GOV Contractors Also" would help make it more clear to folks browsing the forum what the thread is about.

(It's not quite the "clickbait/vague thread titles" that Para has repeatedly warned about, but such a change would certainly be in a similar spirit about wanting there to always be clear thread titles.)

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Due to this stupid EO, I just pulled out of a great job as a Toxic Material Handler at the Pueblo Chemical Depot.

It is one of two remaining Army installations in the United States that stores chemical weapons. Encompassing approximately 23,000 acres, the depot’s mission has shifted and expanded since PCD was created in 1942. Today, the depot ensures the safe, secure storage of the chemical weapons stockpile until it is destroyed, and is preparing for depot closure.

The chemical stockpile is comprised of 2,600 tons of mustard agent in approximately 780,000 munitions. They have already destroyed at the 155 and 105mm shells and working on 4.2mm Mortars.

They were not really happy with me when I told them I could care less about COVID and that I am more concerned that the MOPP suits are regularly serviced, repaired and replaced.

I said piss on it all and just withdrew from the process. I am just fed up with all of it including the Army.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
My company provides some services to the feds, but not near enough to make me tell all my employees they have to get the shot against their will. Because I am not vaccinated and unlike a Democrat not a hypocrite!

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p08:
My company provides some services to the feds, but not near enough to make me tell all my employees they have to get the shot against their will. Because I am not vaccinated and unlike a Democrat not a hypocrite!

Of course you are vaccinated!
Measles, mumps polio and TB.
The Moderna, Pfizer & J&J's are NOT Vaccines!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Just a suggestion: It's worth considering editing your thread title to remove the "cutesy" nicknames (Fauci Ouchi/Bumbledin/etc.).

Something more like "Biden EO Vaccine Mandate Applies to SAM/GOV Contractors Also" would help make it more clear to folks browsing the forum what the thread is about.

(It's not quite the "clickbait/vague thread titles" that Para has repeatedly warned about, but such a change would certainly be in a similar spirit about wanting there to always be clear thread titles.)
Your opinion was seen. Thanks for sharing it. Should the ask be sent, I'm happy to comply with wishes of such. Absent of such communication, given the experience I've had receiving it, I have to question if your words of implication in speaking for him hold water or not.

I guess we'll both see. I'm not in any way opposed to site owner's wishes, nor am I in any way flaunting or attempting to parade around them. I am, of late, more sick and tired of being nice to those who are destroying my country, and like the average person in my circles, sick and tired of those who in an effort to clean up the internet for sensibility sake, unable to call a spade for what it is. Hell, I'm not even jumping on the "Lets go Brandon" bandwagon. I'll just say, "Fuck Joe Biden".

www.rikrlandvs.com

blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Just turned down a $10,000 job from USDA over this executive order.

Here's the latest info from SAM.gov:

quote:
3.0 - Updated on 2021-10-06 by Jared Davidson
2.0 - Updated on 2021-09-30 by Jared Davidson
1.0 - Authored on 2021-09-29 by Lilla Jimmerson
New Guidance on COVID-⁠19 Workplace Safety for Federal Contractors
Revised by Jared Davidson • 14d ago • 2074 Views • (*)(*) ( ) ( ) ( )
On September 24th, 2021, the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force released new guidance on COVID-19 workplace safety protocols for Federal contractors and subcontractors. This guidance was issued pursuant to Executive Order 14042, Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, which directs executive departments and agencies to ensure that contracts and contract-like instruments covered by the order include a clause requiring the contractor—and their subcontractors at any tier—to, for the duration of the contract, comply with all guidance for contractor or subcontractor workplace locations published by the Task Force. These workplace safety protocols will apply to all covered contractor employees, including contractor or subcontractor employees in covered contractor workplaces who are not working on a federal government contract or contract-like instrument.

Federal contractors and subcontractors with a covered contract will be required to conform to the following workplace safety protocols: (1) COVID-19 vaccination of covered contractor employees, except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation; (2) compliance by individuals, including covered contractor employees and visitors, with the guidance related to masking and physical distancing while in covered contractor workplaces; and (3) designation by covered contractors of a person or persons to coordinate COVID-19 workplace safety efforts at covered contractor workplaces.

Good luck getting a USDA loan right now.

www.rikrlandvs.com

blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Here is a portion of the email I sent in response to the contract notice:

Our firm will not be bidding on this contract without a letter of exemption from your contracting department addressing Executive Order 14042.

We cannot in good faith sign contracts that include the language distributed by SAM.gov on September 24th with the language included in the notice that while the work may be accepted we won't be paid unless we prove compliance with executive order 14042.

Happy to discuss this further if needed, or if you can help illustrate and provide proof of exemption, then we could provide a bid on this for you.

snipped

snipped
Principal Senior Administrative Partner

www.rikrlandvs.com

blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Response this morning affirmed we were the only qualified contractor for this bid, and they are unsure what they are going to do now that our firm will not bid on any contracts until the executive order is rescinded.

I wish I could post the actual responses, that's one pissed-off federal worker. It sounds like they lost some employees from their office over this also. Here's one quote I can snip:

"Our resources here in XXXX are so limited anyway and this just makes a bad situation impossible. Unfortunately, the Executive Branch won’t feel the pain nor take the heat for their decision."

I encouraged them to pass their frustration up the chain and to be sure to let the applicant for the program know who ultimately is preventing this program from happening now.

www.rikrlandvs.com

blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Well interesting turn of events.

Also, perhaps useful news for anyone else considering federal contract work right now.

This response was sent from DC:

quote:
After research, we recommend that the XXXX or XXX contact the vendor and inform them that in accordance with the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors Section 5, Applicability, (b) (iii) provides an exemption that contracts or subcontracts whose value is equal to or less than simplified acquisition threshold. The micro-purchase solicitation requested is under the simplified acquisition threshold of $10,000 and is therefore exempt to the requirements of Executive Order 14042.

The notice New Guidance on COVID-⁠19 Workplace Safety for Federal Contractors as provided on the SAM.gov web page provides this guidance through the Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors link in the notice.

If the value of the micro-purchase exceeds the $10,000 threshold would require compliance per the Executive Order 14042.

This is the citation sent for the message above (whitehouse.gov link): LINK

www.rikrlandvs.com

posted Hide Post
quote:
After research, we recommend that the XXXX or XXX contact the vendor and inform them that in accordance with the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors Section 5, Applicability, (b) (iii) provides an exemption that contracts or subcontracts whose value is equal to or less than simplified acquisition threshold. The micro-purchase solicitation requested is under the simplified acquisition threshold of $10,000 and is therefore exempt to the requirements of Executive Order 14042.

The notice New Guidance on COVID-⁠19 Workplace Safety for Federal Contractors as provided on the SAM.gov web page provides this guidance through the Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors link in the notice.

If the value of the micro-purchase exceeds the $10,000 threshold would require compliance per the Executive Order 14042.

Just like the government to change the rules to benefit them, I see this EVERY time the Coast Guard pushs out a new policy...

Posts: 663 | Registered: August 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
At the same time, they're pushing the fee down for this service. Now it can't exceed $10,000. In this particular case, it wouldn't normally, but I've had 2 similar contracts for the same product in a slightly more remote location that were nearly twice that fee.

www.rikrlandvs.com