SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What are you cooking for Thanksgiving?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you cooking for Thanksgiving? Login/Join 
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Mrs. chbibc and I are going to our son and his girlfriend's house for the day, and they are cooking a venison roast and a turkey (traditional roasting). My son took two deer on opening day last Saturday. It will be nice not to cook.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8652 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
baking a bird in the AM, and some Spoonbread,
did a Pecan Chocolate Bourbon pie tonight
bought a cheesecake from a friend (fundraiser, and he does killer cheesecake)

wife is doing some crockpot mac and cheese

will also have some greens, rolls, deviled eggs and maybe a few other things

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10559 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
My mother-in-law makes a delicious stuffing made with apples and sausage, I could just eat a big bowl of that at Thanksgiving and be happy.

Any chance you can get your hands on the recipe and share it? We've been trying unsuccessfully to find the ultimate Thanksgiving Stuffing recipe for 25+ years, and always end up disappointed. Your description (including your enthusiasm for eating and enjoying it) sounds like the stuffing my mom used to make, for which there was no recipe. She's long departed, and though we've scoured recipe books and make numerous attempts, we were never able to duplicate it.

Happy Thanksgiving, and enjoy that stuffing! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9413 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We're doing the standards for sides, but I'm gonna big green egg a brisket and some sausage instead of turkey.

Posts: 3639 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Smoking a 18lb turkey in the morning. Made chocolate chip cookies this evening.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7139 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Frying a turkey tomorrow. It's been injected and rubbed and is sitting in the refrigerator.
My wife will be making sausage stuffing and oyster stuffing (my favorite). Technically dressing, I guess - since they won't be cooked inside a bird.
Also several vegetable dishes.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16628 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Son-in-law is cooking the turkey, wife is doin' the cornbread dressing, sweet potatoes, and salads. #1 grandson's lady is in charge of desserts. Daughter and her in-laws are doing veggies and anything else so I guess we will do alright.....

_________

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Henry Ford

Posts: 731 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
The 21# turkey is dead and in the brine. It will cook on our Yoder later today and be accompanied by all of the traditional trimmings. Following the meal we'll let it settle for a while and dip into one of 4 pies complete with ice cream and whipped cream. I'm sick already.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4272 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I started a new trend last year by getting NY Strips instead of a turkey/trimmings, as most of the family lives elsewhere and there are just a few near me that come over and it's too much work for me to make all of the stuff myself. So this year we are doing the same as last.

Posts: 7047 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
There’s a butcher shop down in Fort Collins that really has quality meats. We decided to try their smoked, boneless, skin-on turkey breast. We also got bourbon turkey gravy from them. Sausage and cornbread stuffing, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie with real whipped cream. Happy Thanksgiving

Posts: 13550 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 15 lb. turkey on the Weber rotisserie and a 10 lb. ham warming under hickory smoke on the big green egg that will be finished with a bourbon glaze. The in-laws, kids and grandkids are bringing traditional sides.

Posts: 296 | Location: North Central Florida | Registered: December 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
I'm not big on turkey so I've got a ham on the smoker along with sweet potatoes. In a while I'll put my asparagus on the smoker along with Ribeye steaks cut 1-2" thick (reverse seared after smoking for a while). I'll also be making my mashed Potatoes from scratch. My wife made a pumpkin pie (I'll be making my own whip cream from scratch for that) and a gluten free dessert for my friends.

Posts: 4218 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
Full house, Momma is all in. two nice turkey breasts and all the fixing's, She won't even let me peel potatoes. We even have kraft mac and cheese for a couple kids that can't eat food.

Posts: 503 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
My mother-in-law makes a delicious stuffing made with apples and sausage, I could just eat a big bowl of that at Thanksgiving and be happy.

Any chance you can get your hands on the recipe and share it? We've been trying unsuccessfully to find the ultimate Thanksgiving Stuffing recipe for 25+ years, and always end up disappointed. Your description (including your enthusiasm for eating and enjoying it) sounds like the stuffing my mom used to make, for which there was no recipe. She's long departed, and though we've scoured recipe books and make numerous attempts, we were never able to duplicate it.

Happy Thanksgiving, and enjoy that stuffing! Wink

I’ll ask her when I have a chance!

Happy Thanksgiving

Posts: 34478 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Soup's on!

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15956 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Steak and crab cakes. Using the last of the season's claw crab meat.

Yumm.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
So much home-made goodness in the posts above.
We have gone with all made-by-someone-else-and-purchased-by-us theme this year. Costco spiral cut ham, Stovetop stuffing, corn and green beans (canned and doctored up of course). Followed by copious amounts of streaming content.

But sincerely, Happy Thanksgiving to everybody!

Posts: 7382 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Happy Thanksgiving All!

8lb Spiral Cut Ham - Honey/Brown Sugar/Maple Syrup/Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice Glaze
6lb Bone-In Turkey Breast - Apple Smoked
Red Potatoes & Carrots Steamed with Onions
Green Bean Casserole
Jiffy Corn Bread
Toasted Kings Hawaiian Rolls
Home Made Key Lime Pie

Ham Glaze

Had a beautiful day here

I drank a bottle of Moscato before and during the meal, and a stiff Four Roses Small Batch Old Fashioned after. Time for bed I think Big Grin

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1783 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Dinner was a hit!

Turkey came out great!

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5504 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post