SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do you remember your first post on Sig Forum?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you remember your first post on Sig Forum? Login/Join 
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted
I'm not certain if this was my first post but I do remember it was one of my first ones: I had just gotten married, and moved into our first house together. After a day of moving I decided to take a break and watch "True Blood" after 10 or so minutes of watching a steamy scene came on the same moment my mother in law rang the door bell. I paused the the show and turned off the TV. I hopped in the shower as my MIL was helping us unpack. I came out of the shower, the TV was on - paused was a scene of naked vampires. My mother in law wanted to watch her show but didn't want to unpause my show. Needless to say I'm much more careful with the DVR now.

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6005 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't surprise me if mine were a FS post in the classifieds. But I think I've made amends. If not with my participation and camaraderie over the years, then at least for the fact that I probably sold a cherry 228 for $350 or some such! Smile

Posts: 11355 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
From 1999? Nope.

Only thing I recall from then were my wedding and honeymoon.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
I remember it is how I found my way into Sig's, I had a chance to buy a SIG P2340 and since I was unfamiliar with Sig's in general.

I asked a lot of questions about them, and received answers, and I decided to buy it, and I have been here ever since.

Archerman

Posts: 2476 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Joined to research the P250, hence the username. Ended up not buying one & stuck around. Realized pretty quickly that this place is in another league as compared to many other forums.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
I think I signed-up to get a price check on a P229.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
I had bought a P229 that had houge grips with the finger indentations and was asking for replacement suggestions.

I had been lurking for quite a while.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3840 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Not specifically, but I joined because I was researching my first carry gun, a P226R in .357SIG. I still carry that to this day.

The first post was likely asking about that. I got it just before I graduated college in 2006.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
2002? Hell, I have a problem remembering what I had for lunch today. Oh, wait, I didn't have lunch, I wasn't out of bed until 9 A.M. so it was a late breakfast.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought a 2-tone P220 and lurked here for a while learning the ropes before posting. I think it was in the new members forum.

Posts: 1190 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I can't remember specifically but I joined about the time I bought my P239 so I'd guess I had a question about them.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I don't remember my first post, but I am sure it was in the Sig Pistols forum. It probably took a few posts before I wandered over here and discovered so many like-minded individuals. Coming here was a Eureka! moment.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
No, but I believe I was a refugee from S&W Forum after Para quit running it.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Something about a P220, or was it a .38 Super? Heck, I only had one of them back then.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had one account circa 2005, I have no idea what email it was under. We did a lot of moving in a short period of time while my kids were todlers, starting a business. I just had no idea what that email was. So here I am under DSGrouse. I will bet that my first post was about how to get my first account.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
My first post was to that unbelievable <<<ARE YOU SMOKING DOPE?>>> thread as that long ago banned and now deceased tampax puppet-master jackwad was approved the same day I was by Para.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Nope. But it likely had to do with the P220R I had just bought as a personal purchase duty gun.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I haven't a clue. It was 12 years ago and I've slept since then (several times). I know I was a little worried, because I didn't own a SIG (still don't).

flashguy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: flashguy,

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I imagine it was requesting info about a 229, which was my first handgun.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
Yes, I do remember mine. I was looking to buy a Sig P239 SAS. I wanted info on the gun.

This forum has just been great ever since!

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post