SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do you remember your first post on Sig Forum?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you remember your first post on Sig Forum? Login/Join 
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Whoo, boy... That's a tough one to recall, because it was so damn long ago!

I think I was asking questions about the Sig Pro 2009, or maybe the 226. I was 20, in college, and generally young and stupid.

I am now no longer young, or in college. Otherwise, same ole' ShneaSIG!

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
I imagine it was requesting info about a 229, which was my first handgun.
Similar except I hated my first handgun (Browning Pro 40) and was looking for a replacement suggestion. The P229 was recommended more than P226 or P239 combined.

I knew that the Secret Service carried a Sig, (didn't know which one) and since I was getting one primarily for self-defense that carried a lot of weight with me. I figured a site called Sigforum was my best bet on getting a good recommendation. Never suspected how much money that decision would cost me Eek

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23257 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
Not at all. Was likely something about a 229 that was my first Sig.

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I asked Para if he was >>>>>>>>>>>>> Smoking Dope <<<<<<<<<<<<<.

Actually my first post was asking if a P6 was a real Sig. I couldn't talk price in those days but $250 seemed like a steal, and it was.

Posts: 7552 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
I don't remember the exact first post, but I'm sure it was related to my new P229 SAS DAK that I bought shortly after Sig released them. My oldest son now owns that Sig. But I did replace it with another recently.

Posts: 789 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I think I posted a photo of my 226 in pistols.
Y'all can blame Mark123 for me bing here.
It's all his fault. Big Grin

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39753 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I don’t remember my first post, but back in those days there were many threads on 9 vs. 40 vs. 45 and which 1911 should I buy? These faded away and then we saw the era of which gun lube is the best threads. And many other epic threads by now banned miscreants. Ah, the good old days.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't remember the exact post, but i had just bought my first Sig, and was having trouble with it. It was a 229 in 40 S&W, and it kept jamming. I had tried different ammo and mags, and was till having trouble with it.

I had googled Sig gun smiths, and Sig forum came up. I am not a very savy computer person, and wasn't even sure what the page was.

Posts: 2226 | Location: Lawrenceburg, In | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Heck, I don't remember what I had for breakfast this morning......wait, I haven't had breakfast yet.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I sure do! I had just embarked on reloading .223 on my RCBS progressive press. Being new to loading bottle-necked casings, I had plenty of questions for the Reloading room.

This site is an AWESOME resource for just about anything in life.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
I posted a question about reloading 9mm.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I heard of SigForum because I was interested in shooting my 226 and 225 again. I heard about Internet groups that talked about specific topics.

I remember also reading about not so favorable stuff about SigForum and it's admin, Para. I came for the Sigs and stayed for the lounge and other non-gun stuff. And, seriously, I have found Para to be the most even handed, fair, and very knowledgeable in a wide range of areas. He's firm but I have seen him apologize quite often as well - something I doubt any other admin in his position would do.

Such management tends to keep a high quality of knowledgeable, polite members as well.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
I wanted a 232 but frankly knew nothing about it. Forum was friendly and helpful, unique on the interwebs then and now. Cannot believe that was 2007...

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, IIRC I was looking for help in the SIG Armorer area on night sight compatibility of SIG items and my Mauser M2.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Yes, it was a post on my new-to-me W. German P220.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
I don't remember my first beer, my first kiss, my first time behind the wheel, or my first SF post.

I'm too old to remember all of that stuff from my younger years.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
can't be positive but I think I was making the jump from DA revolver to a bottom feeder, and had a question or three

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54640 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
In a few months that'll be 18 years ago. I don't even remember what I had for lunch a few hours ago. But I can guess it was about P210s because that's what I was into in that time frame. So long, too much time.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
I don't remember my first beer, my first kiss, my first time behind the wheel, or my first SF post.

H&K-Guy

But assuming it's happened, you do remember the first time you got laid?

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:

H&K-Guy

But assuming it's happened, you do remember the first time you got laid?

Well you know what happens when you assume. Razz

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post