SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do you remember your first post on Sig Forum?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you remember your first post on Sig Forum? Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
IIRC...mine was concerning my newly acquired SIG 522...it was the "gateway drug" to this wonderful forum Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Not the first, but I did post a controversial pic with fewer than 20 posts to my name. It was meant to drive a point home about Obasm. Back then he had not breeched the wall of plausible deniability, but I suspected he was a commie extremist Muslim sympathizer and I tried to illustrate my suspicions with a provocative pic. It was not wise nor received well. I did not yet understand the culture here and retrospectively I see that it was inconsiderate and selfish. Since then I have become a different person with a desire to consider others' experience too. I regret that post and am glad it went away.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
From 2002 nope I can't remember. But I do know that I had tried to join Glocktalk and it said my iSP or something was blocked. Me being a computer dummy didn't help

So I was looking for a new handgun for my Concealed Handgun Permit and I found Sigforum.

Learn a lot from the good folks here and I bought my P239 and have been on here almost everyday since 2002.

Thanks Para and lbj and all the other folks here and the ones we've lost.

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Not exactly what it was, but I know what brought me here. I saw a Sig C3 in a case at Bass Pro and I thought it was the most beautiful pistol I had ever seen. But I knew nothing about Sig guns, other than they came with a premium price tag, so I decided to do some research which lead me here.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
No, I have no idea. It's been 15 years ago, and can't remember what I posted last week. I do know that this is the only forum I look at daily, it's a great place.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dbltap
posted Hide Post
First post?
No.
Every post Para did not like?
Yes.

Posts: 458 | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Yes I do.

I had lurked for a couple of weeks and someone was asking for recommendations for the TDI, the school where I take a 3-4 day class every couple of years.

TDI made me a better shooter and I felt it was important for me to let the person who started the thread know how much TDI had done for me.

I was still pretty new to the internet at that time and SIGforum was the very first forum I ever joined. To say I was a little concerned how it might work out, is an understatement.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No idea.

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
My recollection is I’d recently purchased a new P220ST and the slide was failing to lock after the final round in both of the two magazines. I canvassed members about the problem and mentioned that I had returned it to my local GS for attention. The overwhelming response was that I should not have done that as they would likely screw the pistol up worse than it already was.

Yes I was new to gun forums and yes I freaked. Eek

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Looking for info on the Sig 556. That led to 225, 220, 239, Sigpro, 226, 229, ten AR15's, a couple of Savage rifles, a Remington, and an AR10. And then a glock 19, glock 21 glock 22 and a glock 43. This thread makes me wonder what gun this forum will lead me to next?

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Probably a question about the care and feeding of a Sig P238.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Mine was probably just hello, rburg sent me.

rburg encouraged members of S&W forum to join Sig forum. He said it was more fun and he was right. Cool

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Not sure about any of my earlier posts but I do remember being scared as hell of being banned, ejected, dissed, discriminated or worse.
Only after my first 500 posts I managed to relax a bit, being a foreigner, non native English speaker and so on.

Wondered a lot about those I saw crash and burn around me in those days. A banning was sort of Monty Python's stonning combined with a rave. Fun unless you were the main guest of said party.

Been so many years, now this is home in the interwebs.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12108 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Either new member intro or something related to newly acquired M11-A1.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
I don't even remember what I had for breakfast this morning...

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
My first post was to that unbelievable <<<ARE YOU SMOKING DOPE?>>> thread as that long ago banned and now deceased tampax puppet-master jackwad was approved the same day I was by Para.

I don’t recall my first post, but I sure remember that epic thread.

I was sitting in my easy chair howling with laughter. Every couple of minutes I’d hit refresh to catch up with the latest posts and I’d start up again.

My kids must have thought I’d snapped because my wife came by and asked what on earth I was doing. Big Grin

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had just acquired my first Sig (pristine LE trade in P220). I'm pretty sure my first post concerned whether "zipper back" mags (no Sig logo?) were worth buying.

------------------------------------------------------------
"I have resolved to fight as long as Marse Robert has a corporal's guard, or until he says give up. He is the man I shall follow or die in the attempt."

Feb. 27, 1865 Letter by Sgt. Henry P. Fortson 'B' Co. 31st GA Vol. Inf.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Coastal NC | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fvyellowbird
posted Hide Post
quote:
P

I had been a lurker for a while. If I remember correctly it was after I bought a red box 226 and wanted to change out the sights. Someone on the forum very kindly mailed/loaned me a sight pusher. Kind of blew my mind that someone I had never met would do this. Been here ever since, lurking and reading and learning.

Hell, is other people! J-P S

Posts: 1140 | Location: St Simons Island, Georgia USA! | Registered: October 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
Not sure I can remember back that far....

Posts: 444 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
I had just bought a 229. Didn't know a damn thing about Sigs, was just going on the advice of my instructor at the time. Lurked for awhile, joined, and made a comment in the new members section.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post