SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    3 Heart attacks , then by pass surgery.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

3 Heart attacks , then by pass surgery. Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
They don’t call it the Silent Killer for nothing.

I was doing a pre-op exam on a guy in his 60s last week who came in for a colonoscopy. The nurse showed me the rhythm strip she had obtained when he came in (we do one on everyone). He was in the midst of an MI and completely asymptomatic. He got a three vessel bypass later that afternoon.

See? Colonoscopies really do save lives. Big Grin

Posts: 20125 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Glad you're still standing

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
Stay well.

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you are doing better after such an ordeal. Stay well and take it easy.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
You need to hire someone to do the really necessary yard work, forbid your wife from doing it--you don't want to stress her out any more than she already is. She's had to live through all this too.
I'm glad you had the bypass; also happy the kidney failure was temporary!
You don't mention what your heart function is now, I hope it's still close to normal, or at least that you are on therapy if you have heart failure symptoms.
Feel free to ask questions if you want, my e-mail is in my profile.
I haven't practiced cardiology since 2018 but I haven't forgotten everything.

Posts: 18089 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
You need to hire someone to do the really necessary yard work, forbid your wife from doing it--you don't want to stress her out any more than she already is. She's had to live through all this too.
I'm glad you had the bypass; also happy the kidney failure was temporary!
You don't mention what your heart function is now, I hope it's still close to normal, or at least that you are on therapy if you have heart failure symptoms.
Feel free to ask questions if you want, my e-mail is in my profile.
I haven't practiced cardiology since 2018 but I haven't forgotten everything.

Thank you for the support. I guess my heart function is normal, my BP is stable and my pulse is too. 130/70- 75. I go back to the heart doctor/surgeon Tues for my initial checkup, the again the following week.

My chest is sore. Of course no reaching behind me or I will break my repaired sternum. Of course, you know they broke my sternum to access my heart.

When I breathe, my chest feels constricted, and I'm short of breath. But not like a fluid buildup short of breath. I lost 15 lbs in my 3 week Stat. I try to stay hydrated and pee as much as I can.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Good you are on the mend.
Hire a yard service.
Keep your “pillow” handy.
Use that infernal breathing thing (incentive spirometer)like they probably told you.
Start rehab when they tell you and do the whole course.

Posts: 1226 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Glad you are still here with us! Its scary for sure.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7081 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Good grief. This sounds like it was well timed. I’m glad you addressed it. To hell with the yard work. Let nature handle it for now. Focus on healing.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5340 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post