SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My USMC Son - promotion to Corporal video
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My USMC Son - promotion to Corporal video Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig Marine:
I'd be curious to know if they still do a "pinning" of the strips ceremony when one move on in rank. Becoming a NCO was extra special fun.

Congratulations and Semper Fi...

Blood stripes. Big Grin

Was a fun 2-3 days after....

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37118 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the new Corporal, Semper Fi!

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to you and your son.

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KPSquared
posted Hide Post
Congrats to your son and proud family!

Thanks,
KPSquared

Posts: 805 | Location: Ft. Knox, KY | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Thanks, everyone. He confirmed no bloodstripe party.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to your son! I have a coworker whose son graduated from USMC Basic, spent 10 days at home and reported to Infantry School this past Monday. You have a lot to be proud of!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig Marine:
I'd be curious to know if they still do a "pinning" of the strips ceremony when one move on in rank. Becoming a NCO was extra special fun.

Congratulations and Semper Fi...

Blood stripes. Big Grin

Was a fun 2-3 days after....

It was longer than 2-3 days for me, also on Okinawa. One asshole in my platoon kneed me so hard in the thigh I thought he tore a ligament in my knee.

Congratulations to your son on entering the NCO ranks! Semper Fi!

Posts: 4454 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Congratulations

Posts: 13022 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
He is now an NCO. That entails a lot of responsibility.

And congratulations. Sempper Fi!

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Please tell him Congratulations and Semper Fi and sorry he missed the pinning. Big Grin

Posts: 1956 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Have you gotten him an "E4 Mafia" tee shirt yet?

Congrats!!

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11301 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post