SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My USMC Son - promotion to Corporal video
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My USMC Son - promotion to Corporal video Login/Join 
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted
My son is now an NCO. He just got done with several weeks in Thailand with Operation Cobra Gold 2018. Now he's back in Okinawa and just got promoted to Corporal.

Anyone with or without a Facebook account should be able to see this:

https://www.facebook.com/rowla...=4272802405575183444

The Marines gave him a copy of the Art of War.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to you and your Devil Dog.

Posts: 1089 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats to that Devil Dog. They will be pinning on his chevron and blood stripes tonight. Smile

Posts: 2229 | Location: Lawrenceburg, In | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd be curious to know if they still do a "pinning" of the strips ceremony when one move on in rank. Becoming a NCO was extra special fun.

Congratulations and Semper Fi...

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 812 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Bravo, Marine.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31458 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
From one old Sgt, congrats.

I’m also curious if the Blood Stripe gets pinned on like in the good old days. My guess is no...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10947 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Solid, congrats!!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I'd give a mean, squinty eyed smile of approval, but this is the only emoji I have. Smile
Congrats!

Posts: 7368 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I understand there is still a blood stripe "ceremony." I haven't told his mother.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your son is officially on my list of HEROES. Ooh-Rah to the young man!!

"Shoot lower, Sheriff, They're ridin' shetlands"
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?

Posts: 1360 | Location: S.E. Wi. | Registered: October 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!@

Please thank your son for his service to our Country.

Thanks for sharing this moment with us.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Looks like a fine upstanding you man you have there. Congrats, you should be PROUD!

Posts: 5765 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Cpl....your held accountable as an NCO should be and yelled at like a normal E4....but's that's the Army.

From what I have experienced the marines are different, I recall a young lcpl sassing me until a SSGT walked up and "suggested" she lock it up when talking to an NCO.....being in the Army at an Army school at the time I had a bit of fun with the LCPL after that Wink

Being a new NCO is ....challenging but great

Congrats Dad

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Wonderful new, congratulations.

Posts: 11859 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
URAH!

Posts: 7076 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to your son and to a proud papa!

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prep, Confirm, Roll
posted Hide Post
Congrats to your boy! Please thank him for serving his country

NRA Certified instructor,
and Range Safety officer

OpSpec Training http://opspectraining.com
Grayguns - http://grayguns.com

Posts: 3172 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to you and your son! Becoming an NCO is definitely special!

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

A Marine Lcpl; Point towards enemy, line up 3x Marine privates behind him, stand waaay back and watch!

After the smoke clears tell him you were just kidding about clearing out that enemy platoon bunker complex by himself... Wink

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post