SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Today I cleaned my rifle
Page 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 42

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Today I cleaned my rifle Login/Join 
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Years ago I had a feral dog attack my Lab while I was dove hunting. I shot the intruder once with a .45 hollow point. Dead as fried chicken.

I hunted the same area the next day and there was a bone pile picked clean by the buzzards.

Don't mess with my dog.

quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
quote:
Originally posted by TBH:......
I had two dogs came up on my deck and attacked my golden. They were dodging 230 grain ACPs as they left. Their only warning. Now I have a 12 gauge close by...

Sounds like you need a little more range time...

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
My wife and I have been practicing moving through our home with 14.5" M4 rifles with the adjustable stocks moved forward as far as possible. Also, I have been using my MPX pistol during the drills.

it is difficult to defend a ranch home with only two people but we need to work on it. We know that we may need to sacrifice certain areas for now but we are coming up with answers.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Report This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I found an original Colt SP1 carry handle weaver style scope mount and put one of my NV on it.

Also got a 1200 lumen ir illuminator to replace the shitty factory one.

My NV has multiple profiles and a quick release so it can go between a .22 for rat blasting and on the AR.

Nothing can sneak past me now.

I now own the night.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34121 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Report This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
I found an original Colt SP1 carry handle weaver style scope mount and put one of my NV on it.

Also got a 1200 lumen ir illuminator to replace the shitty factory one.

My NV has multiple profiles and a quick release so it can go between a .22 for rat blasting and on the AR.

Nothing can sneak past me now.

I now own the night.

I just got some NV. Could use an IR illuminator. Mind telling me which IR illuminator you went with so you can point me in the right direction?

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Report This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I ordered an inexpensive UniqueFire T-20.

I can see out over 200 yards with no problem.

The ATN ir850 is four times the cost, but comes with a mount.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34121 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
I was out in Idaho a few weeks ago. Went to church with my brother and his family. Very nice independent church in which probably 30-40 were armed. Some around the outside of the building watching the parking lot.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
What is available in NV for around $500 ??

Thanks

hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
The armasight core is $499.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Thanks a ton, me boy. Cool

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:

I now own the night.

I thought AirsoftGuy was The Night.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Have seen several videos on YouTube reporting that antifa plan violence to start a civil war, on November 4th. Of course, no idea how valid this might be, but putting it out here for discussion and plan to be on very high alert around that date.

A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Wow!

I hope this is not true.

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:

I now own the night.

I thought Darkstar was of the night.

Posts: 2123 | Location: Dallas TX | Registered: December 14, 2006Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I have been asked often by friends at the VFWs I travel to, "What would you love to have had in your day that is available today?"

I always reply that night vision would be it hands down.

Sometimes the night was so black, movement was cut immensely.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
Have seen several videos on YouTube reporting that antifa plan violence to start a civil war, on November 4th. Of course, no idea how valid this might be, but putting it out here for discussion and plan to be on very high alert around that date.

I triple dog dare those weenies to go for it. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:

I now own the night.

Homeboy can't even fix his avatar, how's he going to own anything? Big Grin

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9160 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Report This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Just realized a few on them haven't been cleaned in a few outings.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well they'd better start it somewhere other than small town Utah. They'd be in for a humiliating castration if they came here. We can rope 'em, hold 'em down, cut 'em off, tag 'em, brand 'em and release 'em back into the field all before breakfast. We love doing that so much we compete with each other for the biggest shiniest belt buckle that doubles as a cereal bowl. Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29704 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:

Well they'd better start it somewhere other than small town Utah. They'd be in for a humiliating castration if they came here. We can rope 'em, hold 'em down, cut 'em off, tag 'em, brand 'em and release 'em back into the field all before breakfast. We love doing that so much we compete with each other for the biggest shiniest belt buckle that doubles as a cereal bowl. Big Grin

I’m guessing you wouldn’t be BBQing Rocky Mountain Oysters at *that* branding... Eek

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:

I’m guessing you wouldn’t be BBQing Rocky Mountain Oysters at *that* branding... Eek

Cook them? Yes. Eat them? NOPE!

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29704 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post