SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Today I cleaned my rifle
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 42

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Today I cleaned my rifle Login/Join 
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
quote:
Originally posted by doublecorona:
Back to the topic.

I just cleaned my new G19 after putting another 250 rounds through it. $.25 trigger job and 3.5 lb connector. It is now good to go to replace my G30 for EDC with 50 rounds ( 15 +1 and 2 17 rounders) of HST 124 +P.

I've added a Streamlight flashlight to go with the G19, 2 mags, knife and Leatherman for my EDC.

I'm teaching my family to look everyone in the eye when in public. And we play situation awareness games to keep it fun.

While I think the odds are low to find ourselves in a bad situation, I believe bad things are happening at a greater rate.

Be safe my friends.

I would add one thing to what Mike said about hands. If you watch videos on Colin Flaherty's website of hundreds of attacks by thugs, you will see one street tactic over and over: One or two thugs in front of you get your attention. They might shout or menace you. That is when one (or more) comes up from behind for the real attack.

Or ask for a light or a cigarette...I can't tell you how many times they start with that....

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11284 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Or ask for a light or a cigarette...I can't tell you how many times they start with that....

Sorry but this came to mind.

Posts: 5739 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
One of my best friends stayed over last night. He's passing through on business.

Only had one magazine and Wolf ammo for his AR. I tossed him a few boxes of Winchester Ranger and a couple Okay mags with the green follower.

Gotta take care of our own.

Posts: 1512 | Registered: September 11, 2009Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Ya'll going to wear them guns out cleanin' everyblessday.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Demo:
One of my best friends stayed over last night. He's passing through on business.

Only had one magazine and Wolf ammo for his AR. I tossed him a few boxes of Winchester Ranger and a couple Okay mags with the green follower.

The best part of Cleaning Your Rifle, to me, is doing what you did, help others. This may be one of the most important parts of CYR.

As I am starting to get up there, just turned 70, I am beginning to get my son in law and grandson ready for SHTF. They have already gotten a couple of P250 9mm pistols and a P250c 45acp. Since last year they have been able to make certain they will have plenty of ammo.

Next will be their first M4 with parts and plenty of ammo. My problem is which one to give them. Cool

Be well and keep CYR.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Report This Post
Adirondack Mtn Guy, The One Stop Shop
Picture of AdkMtnGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Demo:

Outstanding!

Take Care, God Bless, and be safe!
~AdkMtnGuy
WY0ADK

http://www.MacGregorSpecialties.com
NRA Certified Instructor
Defensive Shooting Instructor
Oath Keeper
Μολὼν Λαβέ

"Pain is your friend, it lets you know you're still alive and therefore you've still got fight left in you..." -me

"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." Matthew 5:9 - New Line of Duty June 11, 2010 - WOOF!
And another one on top, Feb 14, 2012!

Challenge my Brute! http://mac.mybrute.com

Posts: 1695 | Location: Circle of Protection | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
I ordered another lower today.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I normally try to clean my guns the same day I shoot them, but I have been lax on this lately. I will clean my AR15 that I shot 50 rounds through last month, as well as my .357 revolver with a couple hundred rounds downrange, and my 229 which had a couple mags put through it.

One must keep all defensive firearms clean and ready for use during these decidedly dangerous times.

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Well, at least keep the AR wet. Smile

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Did my Spring zero of all the ARs and the SIG556 last weekend. Not sure how, but one of the optics was off zero. Dialed it in and we are GTG. Range tested three pistols I haven't had time to shoot since I bought them last year.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
Well, at least keep the AR wet. Smile

I once fired 850 rounds through my Colt AR in one setting. Only relubed the bolt twice during that day.

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Report This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:

I normally try to clean my guns the same day I shoot them, but I have been lax on this lately. I will clean my AR15 that I shot 50 rounds through last month, as well as my .357 revolver with a couple hundred rounds downrange, and my 229 which had a couple mags put through it.

"I normally try to clean my guns the same day I shoot them, but I have been lax on this lately." That's prolly from hanging out with an unsavory character Wink

Yup, other than my AR9 misbehaving, it was a GREAT DAY ! ! !

Thanks, WH Smile

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
This morning I cleaned my CZ and for the hell of it, stuffed a spare mag in my pocket as I left for the day.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
This weekend I took all of my firearms out, reoiled the barrels and wiped down the blued ones with oil to keep them nice and fresh. Its bad but I have enough now that I forget I have some of them.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Just ordered more 223.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38678 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
I should clean mine, since I went shooting Tuesday.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3693 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Report This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Just ordered more 223.

We need to go shoot when your not working some time.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3693 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
`
quote:
Just ordered more 223.

The breakfast of champs. We find the 223 ammo perfectly adequate for training and drills ( same same, I guess). But, I would not want to be at the receiving end of it.

Of all of the items we have prepped, ammo is so very versatile: practice, defense, barter.

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Valpo Fz:
quote:
Just ordered more 223.

We need to go shoot when your not working some time.

For sure, Ed. It's been a long time.

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38678 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
`
quote:
Just ordered more 223.

The breakfast of champs. We find the 223 ammo perfectly adequate for training and drills ( same same, I guess). But, I would not want to be at the receiving end of it.

Of all of the items we have prepped, ammo is so very versatile: practice, defense, barter.

All true, Hal. I'll continue to accumulate.