SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What guns do you plan to buy this year?
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What guns do you plan to buy this year? Login/Join 
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Maybe something in 10mm. Maybe a .45 Glock. Maybe a 10/22. Maybe a PCC.

Dunno. Something will probably strike my fancy.

Posts: 3661 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Not planning any hardware acquisitions, more a focus on training and practice. That’s not to say that something won’t follow me home, just that I have no current plans.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The list never seems to get shorter.

First order of business save for whatever incidentals come up will be another STI 2011. My Tactical 4" has been great and with the new VIP grip out, they're finally a good fit for concealed carry. It will either by a Stacatto C2 or a Stacatto P with the C2 grip as an add-on.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I'd like to find a .22 revolver to carry in the woods and plink around with. Maybe a shotgun or two. Other than that, I'm good.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
The TRP in .45 or 10mm. I just can't decide.
A Gen 5 Glock, probably the G45 because Trump.
Maybe a Savage or Chiappa 22/.410 or .243/12g just because I always thought they were neat guns for survival situations.

Nothing else planned.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
The only thing I'm really Jonesing for right now is a non-blowback 9mm carbine. I think I want an MPX or some kind of mp5 clone...but I need to find a way to shoot them both so I can decide. And both are stupid expensive, so it will take me a long time to save up.

Other than that, I'm pretty content with what I have. If an M1 carbine, M1903, or Mauser fell in my lap for the right price I probably couldn't pass it up...but I'm not seriously looking. My primary goal is to pare down a bit to what I actually shoot, make a few upgrades, and focus on stocking up on components.

Posts: 8571 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I’m seriously wanting a Ruger American Ranch Rifle in .300 Blackout (to keep my .556 company) and/or a Ruger Mark IV Hunter/Target model in SS...time will tell Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like to have a new Python now that Colt producing them again.

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Something simple, like a Glock 48.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Working for Water
Picture of Chance228
posted Hide Post
Plan on purging a few guns and putting all efforts into buying a nice 20ga over under for the field.

Posts: 1051 | Location: Central New Jersey | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Aw man, reading this thread is like a drunk in a bar.

Everything sounds good.

Like many of you I am have left the frenzied purchases of my younger days and am cultivating some more "refined" purchases...

Here's where I am at currently.

1. A nice carry revolver for my wife.
2. 300 BLK pistol (So many choices, who has one they LOVE?)
3. 9mm pistol (CMMG Banshee possibly)
4. a can for the above 9

edited to add...any of you selling anything like that? I see a lot of people "thinking" about selling on this thread. Big Grin

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
None but some guy on here posted a pic of a S/W new model 19 dang you now I got an itch for a new one Frown

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've got mental
blue balls now
Picture of tlbailey1
posted Hide Post
I've got a list a mile long, so we'll see what comes from it this year. I have a pile of lowers to build up, so for AR's:

M4A1 clone
M16A2 clone
458 SOCOM pistol
6.8 SPC pistol
Dedicated .22LR pistol & rifle

I've taken a break from Sigforum for a couple years now, but am feeling the pull and missing my classic Sigs that I sold off. I don't miss the P6 or the P220 9mm (euro) that much, but the P226 and P220's are causing me heartache. I will be replacing those for sure, non-rail of course, so

P226
P220

I'm intrigued by the P210A Standard and can't decide between the P365 and 365XL.

Also on my list, when it comes out, the Quarter Circle 10 lower that takes P320 magazines. (Look at SHOT time).

Non-sigs? I've always wanted a Garand and I need to get looking, but I know almost nothing about them.

Any recommendations for places to look for the old Sigs? I got an email from Classic with some police trade-ins, but those seemed to vanish.

Posts: 6847 | Location: Idaho | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
I’m torn this year... either I’ll go all-in on a B&T APC9SD SBR, or a long range .308, I’m not sure which direction to go. I really want the SBR but don’t know how much time I’ll have CONUS to work it. Would also like the .308 but it’s more aspirational to shoot more long range, I mostly plink at much shorter ranges.

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was planning on buying a few Gen 5 Glocks, but the new Colt Python has me rethinking that.

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not sure just what new gun that I will buy this year.......but I will know when I see it!!!!!

Posts: 6621 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder:
You can't plan for guns you accidentally buy, but it's good to plan and save for one or two.

I have one lower left, which I bought and listed as a rifle before shit got dumb here. I was going to SBR it, but since I have an AUG, RDB, and RFB, an SBR is just unnecessary fun. Maybe someday, but meh.

So that last lower will become a left hand charging DMR build. I asked White Oak if I could send them the LH upper and yes. The rest is pretty straightforward. .223/5.56 with a long heavy barrel. Probably a Jard single stage hair trigger.

Next up will be something SP89esque. Not a machinegun, but something 9mm roller locked with turret irons. We'll see what comes my way.

I have super limited space, and no more leaning guns on guns.

If I trip and fall into an HK USC that wouldn't be bad. Or perhaps a Model 29 to go with the Dominator.

About the only other thing I'd really be after would be one of Rugers .44 mag ranch rifle carbines. Which they would still make if I were in charge. I'd also accidentally buy a .44mag Desert Eagle because I miss mine. I had a 50ae with a .357 barrel and bolt that I sold for some reason. It wouldn't be bad if I found a used 6" 625 either.

So yeah, maybe I buy two guns this year, but maybe...

The Ruger 44 carbine, or the Deerfield is highly sought after. The tubular models are much preferable to the rotary magazine.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
M1 Garand. Build or buy.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5401 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Brno 611 .22mag

Maybe a .22 bullseye pistol as well

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
I don't have anything specific, but I'm sure one will come to me in a vision. Smile

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post