SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Is The Fugliest Firearm You Have Ever Seen?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Is The Fugliest Firearm You Have Ever Seen? Login/Join 
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
I forgot all about this one. The designers at Mossberg were on meth when creating this.

C'mon Man, Meth couldn't do THAT !!! What's the fuck with THAT sales target ?? The market research for that pos was either very expensive, or very cheap.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8702 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
I just googled the ugliest gun on the planet:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-0ida...ges+%252818%2529.jpg

I'm just a little curious about the quality of the trigger pull. Could probably be improved, somehow I suppose.

Can one of our kydex workers make me an inside waistband holster for this?

Hmmm... not going there.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8702 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm just a little curious about the quality of the trigger pull. Could probably be improved, somehow I suppose.

Hmmm... not going there.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.... Eek

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

You can get snipped under anesthesia under most insurance, and what's more, a proper snipping - unlike carrying that IWB - can be reversed.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are really two types of gun ugly. The cheap ugly, which I can live with because I would never buy it anyway, and the expensive ugly, when a manufacturer takes a great platform and ruins it cosmetically.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
https://www.cheaperthandirt.co...FC-787394000228.html

Altor single shot 9mm

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
I've always thought that Jezail rifles were the ugliest rifles, antique notwithstanding. They look like something out of a Dr. Seuss story illustration, or maybe a Tusken raider on Tatooine.

Without knowing anything about them, I would take a WAG they were mean to be fired hooked under one's armpit? Rather than shouldered?

Posts: 33882 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Pretty much any Webley revolver.

Is the Webley the revolver that Harrison Ford shot the sword wielding turban headed terrorist in the Raiders of the Lost ArK movie ?

“ Smith & Wesson M1917

Indiana Jones (Harrison Ford) carries as his primary sidearm in Raiders a large frame Smith & Wesson revolver of the "Hand Ejector, Second Model" type. Two similarly-modified prop weapons with barrels cut down to about four inches were employed by the production company—the first being a Smith & Wesson M1917 provided by Stembridge Gun Rentals, in California. This was used for studio work in the U.S., and is the gun Indy turns over to arch rival Belloq (Paul Freeman) after barely escaping a booby-trapped Peruvian temple with the golden idol. The same prop shows up again in a scene when Jones is packing his suitcase, where several identifying marks can be clearly seen in closeup, including the unique sight blade, and corner chunk missing from the grip.“
http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Raiders_of_the_Lost_Ark

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Infidel
posted Hide Post
Gonna have to go with the USFA ZiP .22 ...
This POS brought down the company that built it.

I hate offended people. They come in two flavours - huffy and whiny - and it's hard to know which is worst. The huffy ones are self-important, narcissistic authoritarians in love with the sound of their own booming disapproval, while the whiny, sparrowlike ones are so annoying and sickly and ill-equipped for life on Earth you just want to smack them round the head until they stop crying and grow up.
- Charlie Brooker

Posts: 647 | Location: Sammamish, WA | Registered: May 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4044 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Austrian Roth-Steyr 1907 pistol:

Hey now!

Don't disrespect my side piece like that. She boofull.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Infidel:
Gonna have to go with the USFA ZiP .22 ...
This POS brought down the company that built it.

I was... very confused when they went from selling top-quality Colt SAA clones to whatever the fuck that thing is supposed to be. I thought I had the wrong USFA when they first changed their website. Too bad, I wasn't far off from ordering one when they switched. I think the company owner truly lost his mind.

quote:
Originally posted by Z06:
Kel-Tec RDBS

Yeah... my love for the spacegun look actually has me wanting one of those godawful things. Big Grin

Posts: 17215 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
The Gabbet-Fairfax 'Mars' self-loading pistol. Forgotten Weapons did an fascinating article on it a while back for RIA, I think.

I go one better than Ian McCullum - I won a raffle to shoot an example here in UK. First prize was a single shot with the incredibly rare ammunition. Second prize was TWO shots.

There was NO third prize.

You can tell, just by looking at, why this odd prize formula happened.

Imagine, if you will, holding a vertical piece of broom-handle on a totally unbalanced pistol that has a recoil like a a .45-70 in a short-barrelled Thompson contender without the benefit of a muzzle brake, while while an-almost two-pound slide, looking and feeling like the top carriage from a very old typewriter, whistles backwards about four inches and then returns with a wrist-wrecking violence.

Posts: 11335 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The USFA zip gun is legendary. That crazy old man that ran that company lost his mind when he did that. And he sold the machinery that made the SAA so they couldn’t even turn around after that disaster. Upside if you an owner or downside if you are a buyer is old USFA single actions have gone crazy in price.

Posts: 4783 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
Upside if you an owner or downside if you are a buyer is old USFA single actions have gone crazy in price.

This ^^^^^ makes me smile every time I look at mine!!!

Posts: 6633 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
Ladies and Gentleman, I present to you the Heritage Tactical Cowboy.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
The Gabbet-Fairfax 'Mars' self-loading pistol. Forgotten Weapons did an fascinating article on it a while back for RIA, I think.

I go one better than Ian McCullum - I won a raffle to shoot an example here in UK. First prize was a single shot with the incredibly rare ammunition. Second prize was TWO shots.

There was NO third prize.

You can tell, just by looking at, why this odd prize formula happened.

Imagine, if you will, holding a vertical piece of broom-handle on a totally unbalanced pistol that has a recoil like a a .45-70 in a short-barrelled Thompson contender without the benefit of a muzzle brake, while while an-almost two-pound slide, looking and feeling like the top carriage from a very old typewriter, whistles backwards about four inches and then returns with a wrist-wrecking violence.

Had to look that one up..

Posts: 23585 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rev. A. J. Forsyth:
quote:
Austrian Roth-Steyr 1907 pistol:

Hey now!

Don't disrespect my side piece like that. She boofull.

Anyone who thinks a Roth-Steyr is ugly just has bad taste in guns!

Posts: 2491 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
French Chauchat machine gun.

I always wondered how to pronounce that one.

Posts: 7269 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
It's pronounced 'show-shaa'

Posts: 32557 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post