SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Is The Fugliest Firearm You Have Ever Seen?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Is The Fugliest Firearm You Have Ever Seen? Login/Join 
No Compromise
posted
We have all seen threads on beautiful firearms. Usually, you see a Beretta 9x series pistol, or a Sig Sauer P230/P232, or a dressed up Parker shotgun, top the list.

But what about Fugly firearms? I mean baby puke on a cracker, Fugly. I'm talking about a wart on a warthog, Fugly. I mean really, really, Fugly.

What is the Fugliest firearm you have ever seen? Your thoughts?

Pics/links are appreciated, but not required.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Hi Point....../thread

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29734 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6493 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Any Hi-Point handgun, and their first generation carbine, come readily to mind.

Posts: 28008 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A vote for the Chiappa Rhino.

Posts: 418 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Besides the proverbial "Hi Point with Dollar Bill hydridipped finish" or "homemade zip shotgun made with pipes in a dude's basement" or "cobbled together prototype proof of concept" types of fugly, I've got a few classic mass-produced milsurp guns in mind that are fugly through their sheer design/layout:

Swiss Stg. 57 rifle:

Japanese Type 94 pistol:

Australian Owen SMG (the "baby poop" camo doesn't help here):

Italian Vetterli-Vitali rifle:

Austrian Roth-Steyr 1907 pistol:

French Chauchat machine gun:

Posts: 32557 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
Kel-Tec CP33 is now in the running.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
me in 1989: "The Glock 17 is totally Ugly"

me in 2021: ~~just keeping my mouth shut~~

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10940 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I'll just leave this right here...

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12797 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 64dodge:
A vote for the Chiappa Rhino.

Yep, that Rhino is right up there with the ugliest. For stupid firearm I'd nominate the "Lifecard" .22.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Hi Point wrapped in 100 dollar bills.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10498 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
All others pale in comparison to this steaming pile...

Posts: 12544 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
For production, non-Bubba'd guns:

Posts: 12544 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Various iterations of bullpups.

Posts: 20131 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Pretty much any Webley revolver.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15274 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Back in the early 80's I picked up a shotgun from my brothers pawn shop.

It WAS a nice shotgun. It had been in a fire, and on one side the wood was singed pretty badly and the bluing was blistered off. It was Fugly.

The other side was pretty much normal, we figured it was probably propped up in a corner or along a wall and the fire was on one side, but not the other.

It was a Savage brand 20 gauge over/under that, at one time, was a very nice somewhat upper grade shotgun. It was actually made by Valmet, and I'm pretty sure that was made in Sweden.

That Fugly thing fit me like a dream, a perfect fit, and I just couldn't hardly miss with it. I busted a zillion clay pigeons with it.

Foolishly, I let it go to someone else years later. I regret that deed, I wish I still had it.

A LGS had the same gun, but in 12 gauge, a few years ago. I almost bought it, but didn't figuring I'd enjoy the 20 gauge better. I'm still looking for another.

Posts: 11865 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23589 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
The Gyrojet has to be a strong contender for the "honor." Don't have a picture handy, but this is the Internet, right?

Posts: 6511 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
The Gyrojet has to be a strong contender for the "honor." Don't have a picture handy, but this is the Internet, right?

Posts: 32557 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Just saw this today ...

https://twitter.com/SeattlePD/...945180811264/photo/1

Beyond ugly imagination.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post