SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Here’s The Only Completely Correct Ranking Of Halloween Candy
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Here’s The Only Completely Correct Ranking Of Halloween Candy Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Popcorn balls aren't on that list? WTF?

The little old lady down the street used to put food coloring in her's. Somehow it made them taste even better.

Posts: 20136 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by houndawg:
I don't understand all of the hate for Tootsie Rolls. I eat those things by the bagful.
I agree! I love them! Then again I also love malted milk balls (Whoppers). I remember getting them in an actual large milk carton as a kid.

Posts: 3936 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Well, that guy don't know shit about candy!

I have to agree with his view on tootsie rolls and milk duds, but he's just plain wrong about pretty much everything else.

I'm heavily into Instant Gratification and do not have the time for anything that requires patience to eat. Hard candy (with the exception of peppermint life savers) is a tool of the debbil.

My list:

1. Malted Milk Balls, especially in the handy quart-sized "milk jug".
1. Heath Bars
1. Snickers
1. Butterfingers
1. Almond Joy
1. Payday
1. KitKat
1. Twix
1. Peppermint Patties

I trust you're seeing the trend by now...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15279 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
York Peppermint Patties and Malted Mothballs.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13411 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Skittles should be down near candy corn on that list

Posts: 26963 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
My tastebuds would walk a mile for a bucket of Reese’s peanut butter cups.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Gummy bears #7 ... what is this guy 7 yrs old?

Tootsie rolls should not even be in the top 30.
Move Whoppers up a bunch.
Move 3 Musketeers up.
Move kit kats up.
Move starbursts down that is a trip to the dentist!

HK Ag

Posts: 3509 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
The whole time that I was going through Hans Fiene’s list, I was wondering how Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups would place. It’s my #1 too.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9019 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I must be the only person in the world that actually likes candy corn. I allow myself one bag a year. I'll buy a bag near the first of October and keep some in a small dish on my desk. It usually lasts the whole month, although I think this year I've only got enough to last another day or two.

Posts: 732 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Well, that guy don't know shit about candy!

I have to agree with his view on tootsie rolls and milk duds, but he's just plain wrong about pretty much everything else.

I'm heavily into Instant Gratification and do not have the time for anything that requires patience to eat. Hard candy (with the exception of peppermint life savers) is a tool of the debbil.

My list:

1. Malted Milk Balls, especially in the handy quart-sized "milk jug".
1. Heath Bars
1. Snickers
1. Butterfingers
1. Almond Joy
1. Payday
1. KitKat
1. Twix
1. Peppermint Patties

I trust you're seeing the trend by now...

Lindt

Posts: 2544 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
He got number 1 right. Peanut M&M's should be number 2.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5418 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Reese's peanut butter cups will always be my number 1, but I now have a new number 2, replacing Snickers. The Take 5. This is an AWESOME candy bar. If you see a bag in the store, buy it. you won't be disappointed.

Posts: 5769 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I buy the bags of Costco candy to hand out. Usually buy two just in case.

I pick out the Reese’s Cups though for me. Smile

Posts: 3956 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
Malted Mothballs.

How do you get their tiny legs apart?

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5489 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would put Cadbury Carmello or caramel filled choc eggs at the top. Other Cabury choc bars are great too and they use real chocolate.

Posts: 1608 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Adult candy in the better areas might be a 6-count package of Oreos. As God meant it to be.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
I buy the bags of Costco candy to hand out. Usually buy two just in case.

I pick out the Reese’s Cups though for me. Smile

Do you live 10 miles from your nearest neighbor? Wink

P229

Posts: 3853 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
Reese's peanut butter cups will always be my number 1, but I now have a new number 2, replacing Snickers. The Take 5. This is an AWESOME candy bar. If you see a bag in the store, buy it. you won't be disappointed.

Reese's peanut butter cups and Take 5's are usually what I hand out. Love that sweet and salty taste of the Take 5's. I try not to buy them too soon for Halloween or I eat too many of them Big Grin .

Posts: 1809 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
This is Fake News....Kit Kats at #17...really...this is not correct, comrades!
I agree guy who wrote this list must be from from Canada. Gummy Bears at 7.... they suck!

Posts: 2681 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
P’shaw..... no mention of rootbeer barrels. Invalid list.

And no one likes nerds.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post