SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Here’s The Only Completely Correct Ranking Of Halloween Candy
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Here’s The Only Completely Correct Ranking Of Halloween Candy Login/Join 
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Popcorn balls aren't on that list? WTF?

The little old lady down the street used to put food coloring in her's. Somehow it made them taste even better.

Did she also give oats to your horse Big Grin or give out those cool Shoeless Joe Jackson baseball cards

I Keeeed Wink

I make our son separate/inspect his candy...you for his own good and all the peanut butter cups normally are poisoned....WTF, now daddy has to dispose of them

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Skittles should be down near candy corn on that list

It's funny, lists like these depend on age group.

Me, I like Hersheys, Baby Ruths, Reeses, Snickers, Twix, etc.

But IMO, kids don't really like these. In past Halloweens, and based on remarks by my little son at the time, non-chocolate candies like Starbursts, Sour Patch Kids, Nerds, and especially Skittles, are the big favorites.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16828 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Game over

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16127 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
I am surprised no one commented on #3 in the OP.

quote:

3. Razor-blade-stuffed apples
Criminally underrated.

Posts: 4143 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Whoppers are good, but this past summer I bought some malted-milk balls that were about 1" in diameter from a candy store near the Aquarium in San Francisco that were the real bees' knees--absolutely the best MMBs I've ever eaten!

Cadbury's is one of the "foreign" chocolates I alluded to in my earlier post.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
They should reverse that list. 29 and 30 are my favorites.

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1733 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post
At our house, we have the Halloween candy broken down into categories:

1). Candy just for me so I stay out of the candy we hand out.
2). Candy for the little kids that we also like.
3). Candy for the older kids that we read on the internet they are asking for. This year its Tide Pods and urinal cakes.

Posts: 711 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
You give candy corn to people you hate. I wouldn't even feed that to prisoners of war for fear of committing a war crime...

Posts: 13188 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
This is Fake News....Kit Kats at #17...really...this is not correct, comrades!

Yeah!! Kit Kat should be rated way higher, they're better than Reese's.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a peep about the venerable ROLO.
Must be some kinda mistake.

-------------

The sadder but wiser girl for me.

Posts: 1058 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
this list means well... But is wrong

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10740 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
But I love Candy Corn And Butterfingers.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2277 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
One thing not considered is the robustness of a sugary handout to withstand the diamond producing pressures created at the bottom of a pillow case after several hours of plundering the surrounding neighborhoods. Sweettarts didn't fair too well, bit-o-honey did better etc. Big Grin

Posts: 3558 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reloader-1:
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Frown Number 20 is some of my favorite candy. Well, just Nestles Crunch and Krackel.

I laughed pretty loudly at number 3.

Trust me on this - try the German Ritter Sport bars, with Cornflakes. I know it sounds odd, but they are the best "Crunch/Krackel" bar I've ever had, and it's not even rice!

The best part about those Ritter chocolate bars is the decidedly German slogan on them:

Square. Practical. Good.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I don't care what anyone says about candy rankings. Nothing compares to the look on little kids face when they bite into a caramel covered onion.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38054 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
I don't care what anyone says about candy rankings. Nothing compares to the look on little kids face when they bite into a caramel covered onion.
You are soooo bad!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:

quote:

Criminally underrated.

You must not have read all the replies.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18047 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
Around here, the kids like Airheads (sour taffy)and Ring Pops. You should see their eyes light up when they see them in the bowl. Maybe it is because everybody else gives out bite size candy bars. They don’t really like chocolate candy for some reason.

Posts: 3236 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
You give candy corn to people you hate. I wouldn't even feed that to prisoners of war for fear of committing a war crime...

^^^^^^^^^^^
This. Marshmallow bunnies should also be included.

Posts: 12509 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:

quote:

Criminally underrated.

You must not have read all the replies.

I missed your comment on the first page.
Must have been distracted by your avatar.
Smile

Posts: 4143 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post