SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A Pluming Miracle Happened at the Bytes House Yesterday
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Pluming Miracle Happened at the Bytes House Yesterday Login/Join 
posted
The wife and I are redoing both of the bathrooms at our house. I installed the first and second vanities, sinks, faucets, drains all by myself. No leaks. Before I started this project I thought I would be posting in the What's Your Deal section. I was thinking that I should hire it done but the prices quoted took the project out of our budget. Typically I amaze myself at how many different ways I can make a single plumbing connection leak. Not Today.

That is all.

Posts: 7561 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Pluming in the bathroom sounds dirty.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6323 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
"Well, that's the cause of your leak right there... You forgot to install the B." Big Grin

Posts: 32522 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
We knew you could do it. Smile

Posts: 22918 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
There are 2 DIY type projects I don't do around the house. They are plumbing and electrical jobs. I just suck it up and pay the piper on those. That philosophy is based on some very poor past decisions on my part. Frown

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
There are 2 DIY type projects I don't do around the house. They are plumbing and electrical jobs. I just suck it up and pay the piper on those.

Basic plumbing and electrical repairs are fairly straightforward. Most folks can handle those if they're even just a little handy. But yes, the difficulty curve on electrical and plumbing gets pretty steep past that, so you definitely have to know your limits and recognize when a project necessitates calling in a pro.

Posts: 32522 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Good job!

Posts: 18036 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Basic plumbing and electrical repairs are fairly straightforward. I can handle those. But yes, the difficulty curve on electrical and plumbing gets pretty steep past that, so you definitely have to know your limits and recognize when a project necessitates calling in a pro.

Like I mentioned in my post, I am no good at plumbing. When I was younger and had that can-do attitude my thought about plumbing was "How hard can it be? Water always runs downhill". My history on DIY plumbing jobs proves how terribly wrong I was. This job was pure luck Big Grin

Posts: 7561 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Good job! Reward yourself with a nice bourbon and a good cigar.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5293 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
You shouldn’t have said *anything!*

Posts: 2939 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
A contractor friend says never start a plumbing project on a Friday.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8349 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27970 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
We knew you could do it. Smile

I was skeptical.

Wink

Posts: 11169 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post