SIGforum
A Pluming Miracle Happened at the Bytes House Yesterday

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/5360070894

January 22, 2023, 10:20 AM
Bytes
A Pluming Miracle Happened at the Bytes House Yesterday
The wife and I are redoing both of the bathrooms at our house. I installed the first and second vanities, sinks, faucets, drains all by myself. No leaks. Before I started this project I thought I would be posting in the What's Your Deal section. I was thinking that I should hire it done but the prices quoted took the project out of our budget. Typically I amaze myself at how many different ways I can make a single plumbing connection leak. Not Today.

That is all.
January 22, 2023, 10:24 AM
OttoSig
Pluming in the bathroom sounds dirty.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!
January 22, 2023, 10:26 AM
RogueJSK
"Well, that's the cause of your leak right there... You forgot to install the B." Big Grin
January 22, 2023, 10:28 AM
smschulz
We knew you could do it. Smile
January 22, 2023, 10:34 AM
Jimbo54
There are 2 DIY type projects I don't do around the house. They are plumbing and electrical jobs. I just suck it up and pay the piper on those. That philosophy is based on some very poor past decisions on my part. Frown

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird
January 22, 2023, 10:53 AM
RogueJSK
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
There are 2 DIY type projects I don't do around the house. They are plumbing and electrical jobs. I just suck it up and pay the piper on those.

Basic plumbing and electrical repairs are fairly straightforward. Most folks can handle those if they're even just a little handy. But yes, the difficulty curve on electrical and plumbing gets pretty steep past that, so you definitely have to know your limits and recognize when a project necessitates calling in a pro.
January 22, 2023, 10:59 AM
Mustang-PaPa
Good job!
January 22, 2023, 11:01 AM
Bytes
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Basic plumbing and electrical repairs are fairly straightforward. I can handle those. But yes, the difficulty curve on electrical and plumbing gets pretty steep past that, so you definitely have to know your limits and recognize when a project necessitates calling in a pro.

Like I mentioned in my post, I am no good at plumbing. When I was younger and had that can-do attitude my thought about plumbing was "How hard can it be? Water always runs downhill". My history on DIY plumbing jobs proves how terribly wrong I was. This job was pure luck Big Grin
January 22, 2023, 11:08 AM
MRMATT
Good job! Reward yourself with a nice bourbon and a good cigar.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.
January 22, 2023, 11:31 AM
bcereuss
You shouldn’t have said *anything!*
January 22, 2023, 11:35 AM
Ripley
A contractor friend says never start a plumbing project on a Friday.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.
January 22, 2023, 01:23 PM
egregore

January 22, 2023, 01:53 PM
Skull Leader
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
We knew you could do it. Smile

I was skeptical.

Wink