SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best Pancake Mix (Store Bought)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Pancake Mix (Store Bought) Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Kodiak Cakes makes chocolate mix as well... which sounds better than it is. Might be good for waffles, with pancakes the novelty wore off after the first 2 or 3. Big Grin

Hmm... I wonder if you made biscuits out of it? Like dinner brownies. Wink

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
When I don't want to make my own, I use Krusteaz. While they are cooking, I put some real Maple syrup on a plate, microwave it for 15 seconds, put the pancakes on top, add a little butter and enjoy.

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Great thread. I posted a while back about Krusteaz but I always buy the kind that requires adding an egg and oil. Never even tried the complete mix. Might have to give her a go sometime.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aretha Frankenstein's....

This is the mix for an excellent pancake in Chattanooga, TN from a Dive Bar. You can buy the mix locally in Chattanooga or Internet order it.

If done correctly, with a pancake ring, it will fluff up to about 1". Amazing breakfast.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 861 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post