SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Please tell me all the reasons I should 'not' buy this (Motorcycle related)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please tell me all the reasons I should 'not' buy this (Motorcycle related) Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
I can't believe it's page 4 and nobody has given this answer - buy them both Big Grin
Dang, who do you think I am, Stickman? Razz One bike will be plenty for me (for now anyway).

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Kawasaki just announced major restructuring and is separating its motorcycle division from its other corporate entities. Frown

Link to Revzilla article

“On one hand, this could be good news for people working in Kawasaki's motorcycle business around the world if it really does result in a more independent and agile company better able to respond to consumer trends. Plus, it appears KHI expects the new company to retain close ties with its former parent by collaborating with KHI's Precision Machinery & Robot Business, among other projects.

On the less sunny side, one reason Kawasaki is spinning off the motorcycle and off-road four-wheeler business is because the company sees weak prospects going forward .
"Taking a broad view of the industry as a whole, it faces significant issues such as an aging customer base and compliance with environmental regulations," the KHI statement said.“

I feel like one of my favorite industries is slowly dying because we as a society have become overly obsessed with safety and no longer value freedom and adventure as much as we used to. I wish I had been born earlier, I feel little connection with my generation. I would LOVE to have lived during the two stroke motorcycle’s heyday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21238 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kawasaki Z900rs

Just buy the real deal...

1976 Kawi 900LTD

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Or a nice 76 Kawi KZ900 on BAT

1972 KZ900

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Damn that 1972 KZ900 is sexy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21238 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
S&S makes a high exhaust for the Indian, really makes it look nice...

Its called the Grand National 2-2 High

Exhaust Link

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
THATS THE ONE! Oh yeah baby! That bike is PERFECT now. Cool

My first bike had side pipes like that...sort of. I had a street legal two stroke and the expansion chamber was sort of on the side like scrambler side pipes. I’ve always loved a nice high mount side exhaust.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
I like the retro look of the Kawasaki.

The Indian, blah, not all that appealing.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5294 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

1972 KZ900

THAT is sweet!

Posts: 3260 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
S&S makes a high exhaust for the Indian, really makes it look nice...

Its called the Grand National 2-2 High

Exhaust Link

Looks better than the Akrapovic, wonder how it compares price-wise.

Edit: looks like the S&S is a bit more by a couple hundred.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16015 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I feel like one of my favorite industries is slowly dying because we as a society have become overly obsessed with safety and no longer value freedom and adventure as much as we used to.
Why would we expect most of the children who grew up sitting in front of Xbox and Playstation all day instead of playing outside to grow up into adults that would value any real outdoor experiences. Heck, most of these kids don't even really want to have to operate a car to get from point A to point B anymore.

The industry is indeed dying, and I share your disappointment in watching it happen.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:

1972 KZ900
That bike is way cool, but its bidding at $7,700 and still hasn't hit its reserve yet. Another $800 and I can buy a brand new one with warranty.