SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    DUI and Possesion- The Man Who Destroyed Nascar, Brian France...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DUI and Possesion- The Man Who Destroyed Nascar, Brian France... Login/Join 
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted
Say it isn't so! He will wiggle out again!

NASCAR CEO Brian France arrested in New York for DUI, pill possession, police say

NASCAR CEO Brian France was arrested Sunday and charged with driving under the influence and possession of a controlled substance after a traffic stop in New York.
France, 55, was stopped in Sag Harbor after he failed to stop at a posted stop sign, police said in a news release Monday. France appeared to be operating his vehicle while intoxicated and officers found oxycodone pills after searching him, police said.
rance’s blood alcohol level was allegedly more than twice the legal limit at the time of his arrest, according to TMZ. The legal limit in New York is .08.

During the arrest, France name-dropped some powerful people he knows, including President Trump, according to TMZ. France endorsed Trump for president at a Georgia rally in February 2016.
NASCAR was founded by France’s grandfather, Bill France Sr., in 1948. Brian’s father took over the company in 1972 and ran the organization until 2000. Brian France became CEO in 2003.
"We are aware of an incident that occurred last night and are in the process of gathering information," NASCAR said in a brief statement on France's reported arrest. "We take this as a serious matter and will issue a statement after we have all of the facts."

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/...sion-police-say.html

Beth Greene

Posts: 7846 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Wonder if NASCAR will follow it's "Zero Tolerance Policy" this time?

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3637 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Huffman:
Wonder if NASCAR will follow it's "Zero Tolerance Policy" this time?

I doubt it. After the lawyers are through, his reward will be community service will be throwing out the opening pitch at a ball game!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7846 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
NASCAR was in trouble after Dale Sr. was killed. The idiots like France had no clue how to react.
Their response was a continual massaging and changes of the rules in order to make Dale Jr. win championships. Jr. just couldn’t seem to make it happen though. There was a period of about 5 years where it was nearly impossible to follow all the changes. It got convoluted and boring.

That’s when I let it go. I had season tickets for 7 years for infield camping At Kansas Speedway. Gave them up a number of years ago. That sport fell hard and fast!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8627 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
My opinion, once NASCAR thoroughly deviated from the format races (8-cylinder, rear-wheel drive) to a vehicle format which deviates by stickers only, it turned into an IROC race.

IMO again, if they race a Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Toyota which is a V8 with rear-wheel drive, we should be able to buy it ("race on Sundays, buy on Mondays).

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14160 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
He probably flagged himself when he turned to the right.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12708 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
My opinion, once NASCAR thoroughly deviated from the format races (8-cylinder, rear-wheel drive) to a vehicle format which deviates by stickers only, it turned into an IROC race.

IMO again, if they race a Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Toyota which is a V8 with rear-wheel drive, we should be able to buy it ("race on Sundays, buy on Mondays).

Nascar has gone to Camaro with Chevy and Ford will run a Mustang next year, both with motors based on their own pushrod V8 architecture. Toyota will continue to run a front wheel drive sedan with a pushrod V8 copied from the Dodge motors that Bill Davis racing supplied to TRD. Mayhaps Nascar will run breon off and put some one in charge that can turn the organazation back around. I miss the days of Tbirds and Monte Carlos.

Beth Greene

Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
The only way NASCAR could interest me again would be with an "Unlimited" class.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
"racing" Not!

Posts: 5560 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

Nascar has gone to Camaro with Chevy and Ford will run a Mustang next year, both with motors based on their own pushrod V8 architecture. Toyota will continue to run a front wheel drive sedan with a pushrod V8 copied from the Dodge motors that Bill Davis racing supplied to TRD. Mayhaps Nascar will run breon off and put some one in charge that can turn the organazation back around. I miss the days of Tbirds and Monte Carlos.

Thanks for the update; when did this change?

(I stopped watching about three years ago)

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14160 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
But they put everything in their favorite cash cows, now they have gone out to pasture.

Being stuck watching a shit ton of Jr. and Danica for the past few years got old.

Everything was Teresa's fault on one side, the other side it was always the crew chief(s).

Posts: 9429 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Stage One loser.

quote:
Thanks for the update; when did this change?

(I stopped watching about three years ago)

Then you've also missed the BS they do now with 3 "stages" of racing with yellow flag laps in between and everybody getting some fuel and tires. Completely did away with most of the old strategy gambles of when to pit. Or having the same time pressure while in pits.

Meh.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12708 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
NASCAR ranks right up there pro rasslin', roller derby and the NBA.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5314 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The quiet druid
Picture of orion5
posted Hide Post
It started going downhill for me when Mark Martin retired. Gave it up soon after.

o5

Posts: 746 | Location: Roanoke-ish | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
The only NASCAR races I watch any more are the two road races and yesterdays was a good one with Chase Elliot winning his first one. All the others are just a boring waste of time.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
The only way NASCAR could interest me again would be with an "Unlimited" class.

knock 1000 lbs off of them, stock body panels, stock engine blocks, and more road courses.
Somethin akin to the old Trans Am series.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1. Eliminate the same drivers in each race of the weekend. You only race one.

2. Implement tiering, by race. Top 2 of Camping World race the next weekend in Xfinity, the bottom 2 of Xfinity are seconded to trucks. Likewise between Xfinity and Monster Energy. First races of the season are based on last years finish.

Plus the above.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2395 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
To hell with that....if you’re more than two laps down you have to go the other direction. Smile

That would make it interesting.

I used to have season tickets to Richmond and Martinsville

I was an Ernie Irvan fan originally, then Dale Jarrett, and then I started rooting for Junior after his dad died. The way he handled having a mic in his face after every race, and handled it with grace on days he finished 27th and people wanted to ask him about his dad made me love the kid. As someone who lost his dad when he was young, I had an affinity for him

But the rules changes and car changes and all that crap drove me away from it. It used to be the championship was important, but it was second to the races. The chase, and all that bullshit, killed nascar for me

I haven’t watched a race in probably 3 years...and I have no interest in it anymore

From season ticket holder and watching every lap of races I wasn’t at to not watching a second. Good job nascar.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
Want to make racing interesting again then race what you sell on the lot every day.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was a Yarborough, then a Dale Sr fan, as the Cup series increased in popularity my interest continued to wane until Sr's death. I started to watch other auto races and realized that all these oval-tracks were annoying me, granted I'm biased with Sonoma Raceway and Laguana Seca being local but, the entire cup series was left-turns and my interests were drifting towards Formula-1 and Rally Racing. Restrictor plates was a wrench in the system then more and more rule adjustments just soured my interest.

The France family likes to view themselves as American royalty that nobody knows about. Time for them to step-away.

Posts: 15084 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post