SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    DUI and Possesion- The Man Who Destroyed Nascar, Brian France...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DUI and Possesion- The Man Who Destroyed Nascar, Brian France... Login/Join 
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Brian France took an indefinite leave of absence! Quick, get rid of the chase! Get rid of stage racing! Get rid of the charter system! His mug shot!

Brian heads, Brian heads, rolly polly Brian heads!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7846 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I started following NASCAR in the 1989-1990 timeframe. It's not the same as it was (what is?) but I still record and then watch every race. Most of today's drivers aren't characters like the prior generation (or it's been polished out of them for marketing purposes). But, it still ain't easy going that fast a few inches apart.

Posts: 4061 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I lost interest when they dropped the name,Winston Cup. I guess when the older racers started to retire, I left with them.

Posts: 5775 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
Say it isn't so! He will wiggle out again!

During the arrest, France name-dropped some powerful people he knows, including President Trump, according to TMZ.

The arrogance and elitism runs in the family.

http://www.espn.com/racing/nas...ews/story?id=4543577

Posts: 2534 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Or they can shorten the races. Is there a reason a cookie-cutter track needs to be a 500-600 mile race? I get the big ones (Daytona/Talledega/Bristol/Coke 600) staying as long races, but there's no reason to do that long of races as the norm. You kill the specialness of those longer races. And don't get me started about the chase...

Posts: 4448 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post