SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good, Kind Generous People - Central Florida Shout-Out
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good, Kind Generous People - Central Florida Shout-Out Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted
As many of you know, we had to put one of our horses down last night, and when that happens, you need to get a burial done on property, and pretty quickly given the Central Florida heat.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/6390000854/p/1

I called a friend of mine who is part owner of a custom home building company last night at about 2130 to ask if he knew a guy with a backhoe. He texted me a name, and I called Paul immediately, leaving a message. I had been told Paul would be asleep. He called me back in 30 seconds, offered his condolences, and said he'd be by at 0800 this morning to take care of things.

Paul showed up this morning a few minutes before 0800 and handled the burial for us. Two hours of driving and digging in a late model $100k plus Cat backhoe.

We hadn't discussed cost, but when I offered to pay him, he refused any payment and asked only that we make a donation to our favorite animal rescue.

Thank you Paul, we will do that promptly. God bless.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12798 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
That's what it's all about. Great story

Posts: 5360 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Great story. Sorry about your horse. Yes, there are still good and decent peoplease in this world.

Posts: 5769 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
What 1967Goat said. There are still good people out there.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8140 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
That's pretty cool. I'm sorry about your horse. My daughter lost one too, it's sad because they are special creatures.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8714 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post