SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    We had to put Magnum down tonight.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We had to put Magnum down tonight. Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted
Magnum was playing with his herd and broke his left foreleg.

The Beautiful Girl is devastated.

Furthest to the right in this thread.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/7600088754

You will be missed, my friend.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12798 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
So sad to see this, Artie Frown My condolences.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry. Can't horses legs be repaired?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I am so sorry. Can't horses legs be repaired?

flashguy

No. A broken leg is a death sentence. They must stand. If they can't stand, they can't eat, drink or breath, and they die. Even for the most expensive race horses, where 24 hour care would be affordable, there is no survival.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12798 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
So sorry.

“No. A broken leg is a death sentence. They must stand. If they can't stand, they can't eat, drink or breath, and they die. Even for the most expensive race horses, where 24 hour care would be affordable, there is no survival.”

Did not know that, seems strange in this time of tech, that a fiberglass Frankenstein-boot thingy can’t save a horse

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11308 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
How sad, my condolences. I had admired how beautiful Magnum and all your horses are.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3795 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
No words Artie, other than I am sorry.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19252 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry to hear this, Art.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9698 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Oh my. And he looked great the other day!
So sorry for you.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24182 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Condolences. Horses are on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge also.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15490 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
That's terrible. Magnum was gorgeous. So sorry for your loss.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Awful news, so sorry to hear it. RIP Magnum.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for your loss. Too bad that happened.

ARman

Posts: 3157 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
This is so sad, Artie. Condolences.

Posts: 4505 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
This breaks my heart.
I am so sorry to hear this. He was such a beautiful horse.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3855 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5055 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
My sympathies.

Posts: 11865 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
my condolences on the loss of an awesome animal

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53240 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear that. I don’t know what to say. I was just reading the other thread the other day.

With all our technology, it’s hard to believe that a broken leg is still a death sentence.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4031 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear this.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3608 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post