SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Finally sealed the deal on a home!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally sealed the deal on a home!!! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Congrats on getting out of WA.

I am sooooo looking forward to doing the same.

Me too, I'm on track for late spring. So excited

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The wife and I made a big jump from New York to Arizona a few years ago. We are in Prescott valley not to far from you. I shoot at Yavapai recreation league- great range off 89 south of Prescott idpa uspsa Icore steel challenge and more. Best range in area I know of. The wife and I got lucky we both increased our wages my wife by almost double. And like you a much better lifestyle than we had back east. Welcome!

Posts: 3287 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats, I just had my bid accepted on a house outside Augusta, GA and will be moving there next month from Maryland. I can't wait.

Posts: 2016 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Is that considered high desert? I've spent some time in Wilhoit, about 15 miles s of Prescott on 89 and it doesn't get near as hot there as it does in Phoenix or Tuscon. Great area but always short of water.

Love the house and you weren't kidding about the low maintenance yard. Cool

Posts: 4695 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Fantastic! So uplifting to hear you've rediscovered life. Amen!

Lots to do in that area. Great memories. I'm summering in the desert myself. Can't wait. 40 days (or maybe seven) camping, and the rest house-sitting.

The area from Sedona to Flagstaff - 89A - is one of my favorites.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
That area in and around Sedona is some of the most beautiful country I’ve ever seen. I know you’ll both enjoy it there.

Posts: 1824 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Congratulations ! There is a lot to be said about stopping to smell the roses. I did it at 47 and I have never, ever, looked back and regretted that decision.

Posts: 3850 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Lawn maintenance equipment = roundup, sprayer from Dollar General.

Yep, seems like paradise! Smile

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Southwest. Cool

Posts: 1552 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the new way of life and knowing what’s important. Have a blast!

Posts: 266 | Registered: June 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the escape. I'm still biding my time here but I'm thinking WA will be in the rear view when I retire.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your decision to simplify your lives is great to see. Cutting out all the b.s. consumerism and refusing to participate in the rat race is a huge step in getting to experience a little taste of true happiness.

Posts: 341 | Location: Bardstown, Ky | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I guess I left out a couple details. I was born and raised here in Cottonwood. So that’s a plus. I know the area and whee to go for outdoor adventures, shooting, hiking and off roading.
The downside to it, is that I know a lot of people from my youth. That’s not all bad, but it’s not all good either.

My wife pointed out something I had not noticed. I don’t shake anymore. My hands used to shake a lot. Like Muhammad Ali. Now I’m as steady as a neurosurgeon. Guess stress does have a pretty great effect on the body.

I also quit smoking almost 4 months ago. As of today it’s been 119 days. I smoked for 27 years, so this is a huge accomplishment for me as well.

All in all, I just feel extremely blessed.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker: Guess stress does have a pretty great effect on the body.

Yep. The doc had been telling me that for years.

I gave up corporate-managed sales with a BP of 145/95. Within six months I was close to 120/80 and lost ten pounds. Now, four years later, my BP is in the "new" target, resting pulse is lower, and I've shed another twenty-five pounds (with another ten due to evaporate in seasonal adjustment). Plodding through mid-life is a classic setup for heart attack. Casual smoking, junk food, lack of exercise, 40# overweight, I hope I never go back.

Two days ago I finally donated my last half dozen dress shirts to a local church, the best ones I'd been holding back. New-condition, professionally laundered, quality fabrics. And a sport coat. Hard to believe they were once a good fit.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down With The Sickness
Picture of Sclass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
Fantastic! So uplifting to hear you've rediscovered life. Amen!

Lots to do in that area. Great memories. I'm summering in the desert myself. Can't wait. 40 days (or maybe seven) camping, and the rest house-sitting.

The area from Sedona to Flagstaff - 89A - is one of my favorites.

Love riding motorcycle on 89A. One of my favorites too.

Posts: 659 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: December 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
is there lot rent ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54608 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
is there lot rent ?

No, I wouldn’t even consider it if there was. Chattel Loans and nit owning the dirt is a crazy adventure, unless you’re already lining up at the pearly gates.

Woodman,
I’m in the same boat. A bunch of really great dress shirts that I am not sure what to do with. Save a couple for nice nights out with the Mrs. if that’s in the cards later.
Aside of that, not sure what to do with them. They still fit and I am not 100% sure of the current employment, so maybe I’ll hold onto them for a bit?

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post