SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Finally sealed the deal on a home!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally sealed the deal on a home!!! Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted
Really happy to share this with my sigforum brothers...

So my wife and I went on vacation in September. We got to see each other for 12 days straight. Remembered we kind of really like each other.
Made the decision to give up the high paying careers and start to enjoy living, not existing.
I got rid of my prized possession, a 2017 E63 AMG, and replaced it with an affordable Hyundai.
We sold our home of 15 years and moved from Washington to Arizona.
I took a 73% pay cut and my wife took a 38% pay cut.
We see each other each day, and we also see the sunshine. It’s pretty amazing.
We just (less than 10 minutes ago) e-signed the docs to buy our new home.
I just need some prayers that the financing actually goes through.
It’s very small (1185 sq/ft), but it’s just the two of us, so it should do us well.
The best thing for me, it’s move in ready, clean, needs no work and has pretty much a non existent yard, so I don’t have to do yard work ever again. If I do it’ll total minutes a month. =)

Here are some pics of the soon to be, new domicile.

Image hosting threw the pics in at random...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Beancooker,

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!!

Looks like a great house.

I am impressed with your resolve to take a pay cut of that magnitude to improve your home life.

Posts: 326 | Registered: January 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Wishing you and your spouse lots of happy days together.

Posts: 217 | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Congrats, hope it is every thing you want it to be. What city?
They say it is a dry heat! Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Congrats on getting out of WA.

I am sooooo looking forward to doing the same.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
I hope you enjoy a much more stress-free life!

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Taking huge pay cuts for a stress-less life is very smart, as far as I'm concerned. Been there doing it. Congratulations!

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Congratulations I'm so happy for you and your wife. Enjoy life now and the home looks great

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Looks very nice. (Is that blank wall in the first picture the back of the garage?)

Arizona is my "home state" (where I was born) but I've only lived there the first year of my life. My folks and sister lived there a lot, though.

Have fun!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
The house looks perfect.
I'm very happy for you both...

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Hey that’s awesome, congratulations!

As well as the house!

Posts: 11841 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great house! Sounds like you two made a solid quality of life decision.

Posts: 187 | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the new home.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the well wishes. It’s a pretty happy day here.

Yes, the less stress life is much better. Now we just need to close on the house so we can actually move and get unpacked. We only sort of unpacked into the rental we are in.

quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Looks very nice. (Is that blank wall in the first picture the back of the garage?

flashguy

It’s the back of the master bedroom. Part of me wishes they put a window there, but that would have increased the temps inside the home significantly. The house was built as a zero energy home, meaning it produces all the energy it uses. It’s very heavily insulated, so adding a window there probably would have changed the zero energy rating.

The city (very small city) is Cottonwood.

Yes, the heat is a dry heat. In September it was 97 and we were sitting in the shade eating tacos. My wife was certain the thermometer was broken because it felt that same as 80 in Washington.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

When I saw the first pic, I immediately scrolled down to your location. I love the southwest architectural style. My fiancee and I are looking to get a place similar to yours, in Albuquerque when we can live together. (Like you, work is keeping us apart.)

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3299 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Yes, on the home, but mostly for your resolve of priorities!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
All the best with the fresh start, hopefully the move goes smoothly.

I don’t see a need to bring your lawnmower.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!
Cottonwood is a cool area. Take a trio to Jerome on the weekend. We rented a small cottage in Cottonwood in the early 2000s, I still think of it often.

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on reassessing your priorities and best wishes on your new start!

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your new home! Enjoy the sunshine and your new found living arrangement.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post