SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    4k Drone video's of my trips to the Exumas, Bahamas
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

4k Drone video's of my trips to the Exumas, Bahamas Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
I have on my bucket list to do the run from Fort Lauderdale to the Bahamas on a jet ski. There are groups that do that run throughout the year and one day I'm going to be headed out into open water with one of them. Smile

You're not missing anything really, until you get there. The closest island is Bimini (48 nautical miles), and you're crossing the gulf stream and it tends to be rough water. There's nothing to see except blue water until you get to Bimini.
Its just something I always wanted to complete with a group of friends. I've heard people who've done it say the ocean was like glass, while others claimed 3 to 4 foot swells and utter misery. Personally, I don't care. I just want to do it....once.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spent a week on Great Exuma and took a day-trip to many of the surrounding islands. Incredible beauty out there. Thanks for the videos. Takes me back.

Posts: 514 | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Really nice shots, great job.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3642 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Liked and subscribed.

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
I have on my bucket list to do the run from Fort Lauderdale to the Bahamas on a jet ski. There are groups that do that run throughout the year and one day I'm going to be headed out into open water with one of them. Smile

Then get it done.......Summer time is when the water is generally much calmer. I've crossed when it was as flat as a lake......many times around 2' seas.....many times in the winter 4-5' seas and as much as 10' seas.

You're not missing anything really, until you get there. The closest island is Bimini (48 nautical miles), and you're crossing the gulf stream and it tends to be rough water. There's nothing to see except blue water until you get to Bimini.
Its just something I always wanted to complete with a group of friends. I've heard people who've done it say the ocean was like glass, while others claimed 3 to 4 foot swells and utter misery. Personally, I don't care. I just want to do it....once.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post