SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    In need of windshield wipers
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In need of windshield wipers Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Bosch Icons. Great at highway speeds (ie. no lift up), great in snow, no chatter, no streak, etc.

I will say do not buy the look-alike Bosch at big box stores. Dad's wipers were shot, we pulled into a big box store, they didn't have Icons, they had some Bosch that looked similar at 1/2 the price, and it was a long 1.5 hrs with them chattery, streaky bastards.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23308 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
No shit I had a neighbor who used the original pair of wiper blades that came with the car for 13 years...

Then he didn't want to change them, said they were still working!

This is in Chicago where there are severe winters and hot summers. LOL.

I like the Bosch Excel + blades myself. They're a pretty good combo when RainX is used on the windshield. When I lived in a place that snowed, I'd go cheap blades twice a year. I treated them as if they were expendable. I don't see the point in spending $16 for RainX blades from the auto parts store.

Posts: 13144 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Bosch

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rain X wipers.

Posts: 785 | Location: Eastern Ma. | Registered: November 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No more Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of cobrajet
posted Hide Post
I used to buy the more expensive Bosch Icons and such until I went in to pick up a set and they didn't have any in the size I needed. Picked up some much cheaper Tricos instead and holy cow why have I been throwing money away on. Is he and Rain X? The Tricos are a better blade, have lasted longer, and were a lot cheaper. I know not to hold my nose up at Trico anymore.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The problem with our Liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, it's that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan

Posts: 12401 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: November 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
I just buy whatever is on special at Costco usually around 7.99 and replace every 2 yrs or so. Rain X treatment on the windshield helps also.

Posts: 5309 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blueye:
I just buy whatever is on special at Costco usually around 7.99 and replace every 2 yrs or so. Rain X treatment on the windshield helps also.

Rain X makes the BIGGEST difference of anything......

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post