SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    In need of windshield wipers
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In need of windshield wipers Login/Join 
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
If you want THE BEST, buy PIAA Si-Tech Silicone wipers.

Excellent wipers, and they hold up for a long time. I usually get 2 years out of them.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Honestly, factory Toyota wipers are probably among the best, especially since icing up shouldn't be an issue for you. Friend of mine has been a Yota tech for ages and always bought Toyota blades for his and his wife's GM trucks in the proper size because he felt they were better than any of the other ones.

I have the Icons on my Jeep, which has been chewing up wipers all winter. They seem to be okay but they're expensive.

Posts: 2220 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
I know 'things are different now'....yet growing up in Idaho/50/60/early 70s.....with dozens of vehicles cycling thru my personal little fleet....I doubt ever needed replacing them but a few times in all those years/rigs/etc.

I did inventory stock in Tires/Batteries/Accessories warehouse as a tire shop sweat hog for 4 years. Wipers weren't a big income stream in those days. Wonder what has changed.

Posts: 9874 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Bosch ICONs. They're all I use.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16312 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I have had good luck from the Rain-X brand. The one-piece flexible blade gives a better wipe than the multi-segmented kind, more so in ice and snow as there are no joints to freeze up.

A few years ago I tried some Bosch wipers (made in China) and they were crap. But I don't think they were these Icons.

Posts: 28645 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bosch for me too. Changed for winter and again in spring. Pricey, but in winter I want the best.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16381 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I hate those single point countour style blades the edges always seem to flap at highway speeds.
I buy standard (metal framed) Annco, Bosch, or Rain X blades. Those 3 all work great and all under $10 a blade whichever I prefer pick just depends which store I am at.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25674 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:

Go cheap, replace often.
+1

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
What are you guys doing with your blades? I have a Five year old car that still has the original blades on it, still work just dandy.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JasonATI
posted Hide Post
I really like the Trico Onyx blades.

http://www.tricoproducts.com/D...erformance/TRICOOnyx

Posts: 430 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: October 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of qcsmitty
posted Hide Post
Bosch

Posts: 3778 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Had been using Rain X but went with Michelin Stealth Ultra last fall and have been very pleased with them.

Michael

Posts: 1137 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been using Trico Neoform, and have been satisfied with them. Advance Auto Parts occasionally has them on sale for buy one, get one 1/2 off.

Posts: 56 | Location: Georgia | Registered: October 09, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g8rforester:
If you want THE BEST, buy PIAA Si-Tech Silicone wipers.

Excellent wipers, and they hold up for a long time. I usually get 2 years out of them.

I just installed some on my Tacoma Tuesday. Haven't had any rain since but I am looking forward to trying them out.

Posts: 2859 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I get the $3.88 Supertech blades at Walmart and replace as needed.

Update: Or even better, from Home Depot once in a while

Posts: 4057 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I get cheap ANCOs from Walmart and replace at the beginning of winter.

Posts: 1405 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phelen_Kell:
I get cheap ANCOs from Walmart and replace at the beginning of winter.

^^^THIS^^^

Posts: 13715 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
What are you guys doing with your blades? I have a Five year old car that still has the original blades on it, still work just dandy.

Roll Eyes

If I remember correctly, you never drive your vehicle. You drive a company car. This makes a huge difference.

Ive always used bosch. But the last couple sets I got have been garbage. First set went bad after a month and a half. The second set was bad right out of the package. Drivers side wiper was not wiping about 6 inches in the middle of the blade.

Posts: 7403 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I really like the Bosch. But it's important to really clean your windshield well when you replace them, or they will indeed not work well. The very precise edges will catch on all the minute crap before they get a chance to set in. Cheaper blades will appear to work better at first because they ride over all the rough spots.

Not saying you have to KEEP your glass spotless for the Icons to work, just start with clean glass when you first run them

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trico Neoform

I second this. I just put a set on my Toyota Sienna and I'm very happy with them.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4576 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post