SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    In thinking of NBC's lunacy, state your climate confession.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In thinking of NBC's lunacy, state your climate confession. Login/Join 
Picture of Tubetone
posted
I'll start with a climate confession:

I once broke wind against the wind.

Sorry, mother Gaia.

I'll do three "Hail Carbon Credits."

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I crank the A/C down to 70 during the summer, turn the ceiling fan on high, and then cover up in multiple blankets to stay warm while I sleep.

I'm pretty sure it hurts my wallet more than it hurts mother nature.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11451 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Almost everything I - and we - do in everyday life contributes to the "problem." I eat meat almost every day. I own and drive a car. I once owned a 10-mpg pickup truck. I repair cars for a living to put them back on the road and cause further CO2 emissions. My home is air-conditioned. ("Home" is a 600-sq.-ft. apartment, so I should get a small credit there.) I should flagellate myself or something.

Posts: 28021 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its all my fault. I've driven some type of an SUV/truck or a HP car since high school. And always a V8!

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Partial credit for driving a relatively fuel-efficient car, but it still isn't, for example, a Prius or a Leaf.

Posts: 28021 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I burn my leaves and assorted yard waste.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
I cut a tree down just to watch it die.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5762 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
A V-tail burns 15.5 gallons / hour in cruise. 50% more for take-off and initial climb, with the fuel mixture set to full rich (set a bit leaner if departing a high altitude airport).

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30748 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I peed on trees....and I liked it! Big Grin

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8402 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I shower every day and I took the flow restrictor out of my shower head.

Posts: 26957 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All of the above posts! Eek

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
Mea Culpa: I drive my diesel tractor more often than when absolutely needed... because it's fun.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2544 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
I just bought a truck with a V8 that LOVES to guzzle fuel.
I’ll hit the gas hard just to feel the acceleration.

On the plus side, I should get credit for eating as many flatulent cows as possible.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I drive a big ass pickup with a V-8 in it. My wife has a big ass SUV that we call Elizabeth Warren, because it says Cherokee on the side, but is about as white as you can get. Oh, and we burn firewood for our primary heat source.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
After I retired I fell in love with a Jeep Grand Cherokee with a 5.7L Hemi in it. At least once per trip I put the pedal to the metal to let that good ol' V8 stretch is legs.

In warm weather we turn the thermostat down to 73°F at night when we go to bed. In cold weather we keep it at 72°F, sometimes higher, during the daytime, and only turn it down to 70°F at night.

We're not very good at turning off lights in unoccupied rooms.

Sometimes the TV + streaming device + receiver + subwoofer run for hours at a time with no one in the room.

However, we do drive the more economical Chevy Equinox on most longer trips. I've improved our home's insulation several times in the over 25 years we've owned it, as well as upgraded both furnace and water heater to higher-efficiency models. We've replaced all incandescent lights we could with LEDs. We recycle to the degree it seems to us to make sense.

In short: We endeavour to do what we feel we reasonably can to avoid overt, needless waste, but we don't go overboard about it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
My wife has a big ass SUV that we call Elizabeth Warren, because it says Cherokee on the side, but is about as white as you can get.

This made me laugh. A lot. Thank you for that!

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4031 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
I shower every day and I took the flow restrictor out of my shower head.

I can overlook many of the other thing I've read about here.
Removing your flow restrictor has to be the worst. Right along with having a toilet that will actually flush in one attempt.
That probably would get you Red Flagged in many of the blue states.

Posts: 9557 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
I drove 248 miles in my SUV just to get an in-n-out burger, and then another 248 miles home.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10947 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
My daily driver is a 6.6L GMC diesel truck and I am a Certified Energy Manager for the federal government. More power Scotty!

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3635 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post