SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    In thinking of NBC's lunacy, state your climate confession.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In thinking of NBC's lunacy, state your climate confession. Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
In thinking of NBC's lunacy ...

I know that's kind of a redundancy, but what particular incident brought this on? I don't watch it.

Posts: 28139 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snowdog:
I poison the earth with lead shaped like bullets. See you in hell boys.

You know, snowdog, it always strikes me that when say, Missouri takes their state mineral, lead, out of the earth, it's called mining.

But when you return it, it's called pollution.

I confess, dear Gaia, that I've returned more than my share to your bountiful berms.

Not exactly a climate confession but seems to be within the slight drift.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:

I know that's kind of a redundancy, but what particular incident brought this on? I don't watch it.

Beats me. It's not exactly a news item by any means. It's more like rallying for the rituals of a new, wacko climate religion.

Soon they'll be arguing the finer points of whether transubstantiation happens with the tree bark wafers at communion.

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tubetone:
quote:
quote:

Beats me. It's not exactly a news item by any means. It's more like rallying for the rituals of a new, wacko climate religion.

Soon they'll be arguing the finer points of whether transubstantiation happens with the tree bark wafers at communion.

The mainstream media is trying to make the autistic teen that is being exploited by climate alarmists a thing. She is touring the US, so they are trying to drum up support for the nonsense she is spewing.

https://www.google.com/search?...w=1427&bih=733&dpr=2

The dem candidates climate confessions:
https://twitter.com/TrumpWarRo.../1174805015338332160

Big Grin

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
I once ran an entire bottle of Seafoam through the PCV vacuum hose instead of the manufacturer recommended amount.
The smoke generated from the exhaust surely decreased the remaining life of the Earth from 12 years to 11 years and 364 days.

For my penance, I shall give back to Gaia my share of the lead and copper that was taken from Mother Earth 124 grains at a time.

I feel better now.

Posts: 1065 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
I Love the Smell of Napalm in the Morning.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11006 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oregon
posted Hide Post
Some of the actual responses from that website:

"'Confessions' implies I have something to feel guilty about. I don’t. I only conserve electricity to lower my power bill."

"I own a huge SUV. I take long drives in the country just because."

"I would rather the whole planet burn than give up steak. Kick rocks hippies."

Big Grin

"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"
-Dr. Thaddeus Venture

Posts: 6096 | Location: PDX | Registered: May 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
quote:
quote:

The mainstream media is trying to make the autistic teen that is being exploited by climate alarmists a thing. She is touring the US, so they are trying to drum up support for the nonsense she is spewing.

Big Grin

Always living up to your moniker, info guru.

Quick. Get her a dashiki and an offering plate.

Everyone knows that voodoo using a senseless doll always requires a dashiki.

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Always living up to your moniker, info guru..

Wally thanks you for acknowledging his illusion of competence Big Grin

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Delusional, wet dream democrats never cease to amaze what crap they can come up with!

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Excitable Boy
Picture of Dan the man
posted Hide Post
Shoot I haven't been trying hard enough.

You know what I'm gonna do?
I'm gonna get myself a 1967 Cadillac, El Dorado convertible hot pink with whaleskin hub caps and all leather cow interior and big brown baby seal eyes for headlights, yeah and I'm gonna drive around in that baby at 115 mph getting one mile per gallon, sucking down quarter pounder cheese burgers from McDonald's in the old fashioned non-biodegradable Styrofoam containers...

China is Asshoe

Posts: 2274 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
I feel like a pollution piker compared to you guys, but I try; 20 year old f-150, a non-compliant gas-can in the garage, lights on inside the house and out all the time, I've never spent a moment of my ever decreasing life expectancy to try to figure out which of the weirdly shaped, motley collared and overly-narrated recycling containers to use and consider myself a frigging saint for using them at all.

But my shame is the forest. I go through paper like it's, I dunno, paper. A couple of reams a month typing paper, every bill comes in paper, I scoff at the admonishments to go to electron billing, even though most of that is coal-fired it's not gonna happen. I use envelopes, buy magazines and books in paper format and then when I'm done...it BURRRRRNs. It starts fires in the fireplace (4 cords last year, it's pretty warm here actually) I burn in the fireplace, I burn in the fire pit I burn in the outdoor fireplace as I sit in the evening glow and drink Black jack in a paper cup, which I then burn...
Other than those minor eccentricities I'm actually pretty green.

Posts: 6441 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I converted my Prius to run on soft coal, oily rags, and old Hillary and Bernie campaign signs.

Posts: 791 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
quote:
quote:

The dem candidates climate confessions:
https://twitter.com/TrumpWarRo.../1174805015338332160

Big Grin

It could also be the (all bow in reverence) UN's upcoming climate ACTION summit:

https://www.un.org/en/climatechange/

Posts: 15935 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I cut down a tree. On Earth Day.

Posts: 4296 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
I cut down a tree. On Earth Day.

On the very first Earth Day (April of 1970) I ate a whale meat sandwich! I was stationed near Fairbanks but was down in Anchorage for training.
It happened to be Earth Day (I had no idea) and I ate something different. I'm so ashamed...

Posts: 15935 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:
I detest Priuses.

I find it very satisfying to downshift to 5th gear and pass a Prius.

Posts: 1140 | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Dispensed a few half inch bullets on a whim.
Used more than three squares of TP today.
Left the light on when going into a different room.
Heck, I haven't driven anything with a V-8 in it all week.

Posts: 9226 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post