SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    You've Got To Be Tough To Work At The Waffle House. Big Fight
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You've Got To Be Tough To Work At The Waffle House. Big Fight Login/Join 
Dances With
Tornados
posted
This is crazy!! No matter what, you have to admire the Waffle Woman deflecting a chair thrown at her. I'm not condoning this or laughing at others misfortunes, just loving the chair deflecting waffle woman.

If you google "Waffle House Fights" there are lots of links to this particular story.

Even Linda Carter, the now 71 year old star of the 1970's rv show Wonder Woman, laughingly said she trained at the Waffle House (not true but funny).

Maybe the lesson here is don't go to the Waffle House. Or is it bring friends with you, and their freind's friends as well. Or go in daylight mornings when miscreants are sleeping.

Some of the other clickable stories of this are with hilarious comments.

LINK TO STORY/VIDEO

Another video chair dodging

Posts: 11854 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dangerous place to eat. A local waitress was shot point blank in the head. Told the guy he could not smoke inside. Still awaiting trial.

Posts: 17242 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Do I even have to look?

Posts: 20111 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Had a nice breakfast and really good coffee Christmas morning at Waffle House but not in the jungle.. Big Grin. Place was packed and had a line waiting for seats. Dennys was the same.

Posts: 17903 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Do I even have to look?

Nope, it's the Amish, same as always.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I remember a time when bystanders would break up fights, not stand by and record it.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12729 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I remember a time when bystanders would break up fights, not stand by and record it.

That's right. I agree.

In the last few years there have been many incidents of someone having an accident, medical emergency, getting ambushed, whatever, and instead of helping the victim, they've got their phones out recording it.

That's really a truly sad commentary on our current society in general.

Posts: 11854 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
I knew a guy who had bought something from the guy who owns the waffle house… Interesting tidbit was that they were the #1 seller of beef between the hours of 2 AM and 6 AM all across America.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^
It is not like IHOP or Denny's provides much competition. Ruth Chris and Morton's are closed as well.

Posts: 17242 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We referred to ours as the Awffle House.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16100 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
^^^^^^^^^
It is not like IHOP or Denny's provides much competition. Ruth Chris and Morton's are closed as well.

Denny's is a Waffle House for people who don't know how to fight.

Posts: 9159 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I saw a sign recently that read: "In case of fire, please call 911 or the fire department before you take pictures with your cellphone".

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:

When dealing with the Amish, be aware that if you butt in, all of them will jump on you, so are you prepared to take out 3 or 4 at once?

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
We referred to ours as the Awffle House.

Just cant help yourself can you.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3592 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:

When dealing with the Amish, be aware that if you butt in, all of them will jump on you, so are you prepared to take out 3 or 4 at once?

I hope you mean Mennonites.

Regarding the topic of Waffle House employees seeing a lot, I believe the head of FEMA once said:

"If the Waffle House is closed, we know it's time [for us] to go to work."

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Waffle House has always been a tough place to eat at. It doesn't attract the same crowd as an I-HOP.

Posts: 6891 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Not surprising, actually sad. The working people at Waffle House, probably a concept foreign to the animals throwing chairs, just trying to make a living doing a job that is probably worse than most would or could imagine. Ghetto animals, plain and simple.

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Ate there once, it's been 5 years and haven't eaten there since. I don't get the appeal of the place.

Posts: 13127 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I would pass up Waffle House in a nano second for Bob Evans. I would pass up Bob Evans any time for a Perkins Pancake House. Fairfield, Ohio has the Single best Perkins I have ever been to. I love that place. Soon, I will make a trip up for a wonderful breakfast. Keep the lights on Perkins.

Posts: 17903 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I'm impressed with the employee standing her ground and throwing punches one after the other when she had the chance.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19676 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post