SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    You've Got To Be Tough To Work At The Waffle House. Big Fight
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You've Got To Be Tough To Work At The Waffle House. Big Fight Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I agree about Perkins. Thy closed our local one to make room for a gargantuan church. It was managed by a man they called Gator, who treated my kids like princesses. They had a fortune telling gypsy in a machine. "Fortunes for a quarter, I love quarters!"

Posts: 17146 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
No matter what, you have to admire the Waffle Woman deflecting a chair thrown at her. I'm not condoning this or laughing at others misfortunes, just loving the chair deflecting waffle woman.

You have to admit she handled that flying chair really well...didn't seem to phase her at all.

I ate a a Waffle house, several times, when I was in Talladega for the IDPA National and World Championship it was just down the street from the Match Hotel...nothing quite as exciting as this.

They're holding it there again this year, so I guess we'll be going back...there were four of us

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
The smallest chick there brought the noise. She could have taken on half the crowd. Plus she just looked bad ass tossing that chair to the side after it was thrown at her.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20829 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11362 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
When dealing with the Amish, be aware that if you butt in, all of them will jump on you, so are you prepared to take out 3 or 4 at once?

Very

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4580 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
We referred to ours as the Awffle House.

In high school the W was burned out on the sign, so one side said 'affle house'

Posts: 663 | Registered: August 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I have only been to Waffle House once in my life back around 1998 and got bad food poisoning. Never been to one ever again. Beyond that, I try to stay home as much as possible instead of going out to eat or to events because there are too many nuts in this world.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
I hope you mean Mennonites…

Mennonites, Womennonites, hell even the Childrennonites will jump in if you get in the middle of family business! You think you are just trying to keep some poor kid from losing a few teeth in a stupid teenager fight at a Wendy’s, and all the sudden they all come after you like you said Jesus hates beards and ankle-length dresses!

- Bret

Posts: 2466 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Ha, utter chaos, but the Waffle House employee's actually stuck together and the white chick seems to be an Avenger!

Posts: 1972 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
Years ago, when still young, one of my sisters took a job as a waitress at Shoney's. Day she started she walked around the wall separating the dining room from the kitchen and two of the other waitresses were on the floor duking it out. That was her last day there. This was many many years back. Before people started openly acting like feral animals so blatantly.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
We referred to ours as the Awffle House.
There's a Waffle House in the Yoop? Last I knew the furthest-north WH was in southern Ohio or so? Last I knew there were none even in SE Michigan.

My wife and I stopped at a couple on the way back from Kentucky a few years ago. Food seemed pretty decent.

There were no Amish fighting or attacking the staff.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
That reminds me of an old joke.

What goes Clop Clop Clop Clop Bang Bang Clop Clop Clop Clop Bang Bang?

An Amish drive by shooting Big Grin

Posts: 11854 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
They opened a new one a few miles from me last summer. Finally got a chance to stop in last week.

Delicious Smile

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Waffle House is a fixture in the South. It "is what it is," i.e., passable, "just OK" food at a working man's price, and always open. I would frequently go to the Elizabethton location for breakfast, as they made a serviceable omelet. At that hour the belligerent drunks, if any, have cleared out, so I never saw any fights. I did almost step in a pile of puke in the parking lot with a cigarette butt planted squarely in the middle of it once.

Posts: 27970 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Thread drift: If you’re in Missouri you’ve got to eat at Lamberts Throwed Rolls Restaurant near Branson. They literally throw the rolls to you from across the restaurant. As far as I know there’s never been a throwed chair there. Smile

ThrowedRolls link. They have other locations.

Posts: 11854 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of course the off color riddle of what has six breasts and three teeth comes to mind.

Posts: 17243 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I used to take my wife and young kids to Waffle House for weekend breakfasts. It was great. But that resturant was in a good location. I have walked in others and turned right around. Food is somewhere between decent and good, but the location is important for managing risk.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8690 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16709 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No Waffle House in the Yoop. I was referring to the one on my old patrol beat.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16100 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Love me some Waffle House. The entertainment is part of the experience.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17280 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post