SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    You've Got To Be Tough To Work At The Waffle House. Big Fight
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You've Got To Be Tough To Work At The Waffle House. Big Fight Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Believe their HQ is Atlanta area. Georgia has the most Resturants. They drop in number as you move away from that point.
I have always had good food and good coffee at the Waffle Houses that I have patronized. Their home fries are exceptional.

Posts: 2132 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Thanks to reading that first link, I learned that, sadly, "Gangsta Boo" from "Three 6 Mafia" died at the age of 43 today.

We hardly knew ye, Boo.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I like Waffle House, and there is one not far from my house that is in a good area. I don't recommend going there at O-dark-30 (I don't recommend anyone be out anywhere at that time), but the clientele when I'm there is well behaved.

If one really wants waffles, then they should go to a Waffle House, because they are set up to provide good ones quickly. IHOP, Denny's, etc. are set up for pancakes (ugh) and they have to heat up the waffle irons and deal with the help that doesn't really know how to cook waffles. WH irons are hot all the time and the staff are well trained in using them. I don't like pancakes -- they are too heavy -- and prefer waffles. As a child my family would often have a "waffle supper": waffles, bacon or sausage, scrambled eggs, toast. Worked well for me because eggs in the morning don't sit well in my tummy, but at night they're OK. (I only eat them scrambled.)

Right now I'm not driving, so WH is currently out for me, but I hope to be going there again soon. The one I use was the first one in the DFW area to have a no-smoking area, which I was drawn to.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
That waitress looks like she was finally tired of dealing with their shit.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39762 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post