SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Balance shoes and static electricity
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Balance shoes and static electricity Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
... If you wore a velvet tracksuit and then went naked (with your shoes on for both), I’d bet there would be a big difference.
Let's be honest, you're just hoping for pictures. Well, wait in line. The wire to dong pics are coming first.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Try New Balance 589v1 Men's Composite Toe Electrical Hazard Athletic Work Shoe

Link
Whoa! Excellent! Thank you, sir.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a pair of Adidas that charge me up at work from time to time but only on one floor surface while pushing one cart.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Grounding strap

Grounding strap

Tie one of these around your ankle Big Grin

Grounding strap

Seriously be careful filling up fuel in a vehicle!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
Grounding strap

From the 2nd link.

"Eliminate static electricity to prevent spontaneous combustion"

I ordered several. Who would want to combust spontaneously?

Smile

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Try New Balance 589v1 Men's Composite Toe Electrical Hazard Athletic Work Shoe

Link
Whoa! Excellent! Thank you, sir.

Those will protect you from standing on a live wire, or in a puddle of electrified water, but they still insulate you from the ground (that is the whole point), meaning that a charge can build up on your body and be discharged when you touch the doorknob.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post