SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dicks at Dick's will Stop Selling Assault-Type Rifles
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dicks at Dick's will Stop Selling Assault-Type Rifles Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
But they're feeling better inside about their decision. Wink

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38677 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish them nothing but financial pain and failure, but the reality is that other than maybe a few shotguns and some ammo, they never really sold much of what is flying off the shelves now, which is primarily self-defense handguns and rifles.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I’m not defending Dick’s, but if anyone there could have predicted the future well enough to know what was going to happen with gun sales months before it happened, I believe that making money from them would have been among the least profitable things they could have done to capitalize on that knowledge.

I actually made the right timing decision about a number of guns I have sold over the past several months, but only because of my concerns about what is still in the future, not what has transpired thus far.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post